Medicare Sales Representative - Queens, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/29/2020
END DATE 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou want to do work that really matters. We want to bring more health resources and better solutions to the most vulnerable and least served members in our communities. This sounds like the perfect match. In this role you can work with state and federal government agencies, physicians and other providers, to bring greater care to more than three million people. Make a difference in the lives of those in your own community and a career with UnitedHealthcare Community Plan will allow you to do just that! Your performance will be rewarded!
**** THIS IS AN OUTSIDE/ FIELD SALES POSITION ****
If you are located in the state of New York, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
* Interact with senior population aged 65+ and conduct presentations at their group/centers, churches, homes, etc. to sell and promote Medicare product
* Travel throughout an assigned territory and work directly with community-based organizations, providers, and other sources to obtain referrals
* Manage your travel and territory efficiently to produce maximum results
* Meet with eligible participants with the goal of enrollment and presenting product information
* Generate own leads - some sales leads are company provided
* Execute excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
* Apply strong sales acumen skills in generating and closing leads
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* Active NY health insurance license
* 2+ years of managed care, outside sales or territory management experience
* Travel up to 100% of the time within assigned NY sales territory
Possess a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance
Live within a commutable distance of the assigned NY sales territory
Established professional contacts/ relationships or active within the community (i.e. non - profits, health providers, community or faith-based organizations, etc.)
Government program experience selling products such as Medicare Advantage, Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP), ISNP, MLTC and Medicaid
* Associate's Degree or higher
CAREERS AT UNITEDHEALTHCARE COMMUNITY & STATE. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high - risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do YOUR LIFE\'S BEST WORK.(SM)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: health license, D - SNP, Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan, Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Sales Enrollment Representative, Sales, Healthcare, Bilingual, Medicare Sales, Sales Agent, New York City, NY, NYC, managed care, Affordable Care Act, ACA