This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/29/2020
END DATE 8/23/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONNow Hiring Monitor/Aide
At First Student, our Monitors/Aides are a constant reflection of our company s commitment to safety and customer service. The Monitor/Aide is responsible for providing operational oversight, day-to-day management, and assists drivers in safe operation of routes.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
* Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
* Positive and rewarding work environment
* Knows the route and remains alert to monitor the welfare of passengers while in route
* Communicates behavior problems and conditions of various stops with the driver
* Assists in pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the bus
* Assists students in the loading and unloading process
* Cooperates and communicates with school personnel, students, and parents
* Attends all safety and training meetings
* Conducts emergency evacuation from the bus, including use of exiting by emergency door
* Opens and closes service doors and moves up and down steps multiple times daily
* Cleans the inside of the bus
* Assists driver when necessary to safely direct the vehicle backwards
Monitor/Aide Required Experience and Skills:
* At least 21 years old
* Good verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Early morning availability
* Judgement/problem solving skills
* Ability to manage high degrees of stress
First Student s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status