Senior Process Engineer (Food and Beverage)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/30/2020
END DATE 8/16/2020
Barry Wehmiller Design Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT US:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Design Group is looking for a motivated, high energy, well-organized, collaborative Sr. Process Engineer to create and deliver process engineering design packages for manufacturing clients. This person will possess the skill to execute complex projects and a desire to deliver outstanding work product to clients. Will be responsible for process design documents and deliverables for all project phases (conceptual and detailed design and feasibility studies). This may include process mass & energy balances, utility distribution plans, piping plans, P&IDs, PFDs, utility consumption summaries, temperature control calculations, and equipment specifications.
* Lead process design project activities (including process descriptions, process flow diagrams, and P&IDs)
* Successfully execute projects that meet cGMP, FDA and other regulatory standards and requirements
* Ensure quality through the implementation of rigorous project quality reviews
* Review and approve drawings for client and project needs
* Review submittals, answer RFIs, and complete field visits to verify onsite work is proceeding according to design
* Present our firm s process capabilities, proposing technical solutions to meet the clients needs and full scope efforts to complete the proposal
* Build relationships with the greater practice and market sector professionals resulting in a completely cohesive and technically correct operational solution. This includes interfacing and integrating highly complex technical solutions across our firm-wide practices that include facility, utility, process, automation (control systems integration), and construction management professionals.
* Experience in the food, dairy, beverage/brewery, or personal care industries is required.
* 10+ years process engineering design experience in cGMP, FDA, or other regulated manufacturing environments
* Experience developing process engineering designs for food, beverage, or other industrial manufacturing processes. (Process flow diagrams, piping & instrument diagrams, mass & heat balances, basic piping system design, pump sizing, material handling methods, equipment, functional & installation specifications, as well as process instrumentation & control principles.)
* Demonstrated ability to present process designs to existing and new clients
* Subject Matter Expert knowledge of cGMP regulations and standards preferred
* Proficient with written and verbal technical communication including generating reports and conducting group presentations
* Solid understanding of sanitary design and construction methods and knowledge of process electrical / control and instrumentation design integration is preferred.
* Strong analytical skills, basic understanding of project management fundamentals as well as strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, & AutoCAD).
* Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Good initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not limited to project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
* BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred but consideration will be given to other engineering degrees based on actual experience
* Master s in Chemical or Mechanical engineering a plus
* Professional Engineering license preferred
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.