This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/31/2020
END DATE 9/5/2020
Long Beach, CA
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Project Accountant will work directly with project managers and reports to Division Controller to manage finance and billing on client projects.
* Work with Project Managers to properly setup and maintain projects, including billing terms, compensation, project setup forms; follow-up on information that is not available at project setup.
* Maintain Contract Management, ensure relevant documents are attached in Deltek.
* Ensure timely and accurate job costing for labor charges, expenses, billing rates, fees, etc.
* Ensure proper project setup and close-out procedures are followed.
* Prepare and revise billing invoices for assigned groups.
* Handle inquires of billing errors, make corrections as necessary.
* Process labor adjustments and lien waivers.
* Serve as a backup to accounts payable, check requests and expense reports functions.
* Maintain backlog and bookings, ensure projects are closed out properly, work with PMs on making necessary updates.
* Follow up on status of client invoices, lead collections for assigned projects/clients.
* Provide additional analytical support regarding project status and performance as needed.
* Assist with other duties through the month as needed.
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting preferred.
* 5+ years of accounting experience
* Project accounting experience required
* AEC industry experience preferred.
* Understanding of project accounting policies and procedures.
* Prior experience with Vision / Deltek preferred.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
IND - High