LPN Supervisor (Personal Care)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/31/2020
END DATE 8/27/2020
Wesley Enhanced Living
JOB DESCRIPTIONDo you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living s values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
* Kind and Compassionate
* Honest and Trustworthy
* Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
* Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Nurse Supervisor is responsible to make a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. Responsible for performing a variety of duties and provide quality nursing care to our residents. Under the direction of the Director of Personal Care Services Development, coordinate total clinical care for personal care/assisted living residents; implementing specific procedures and programs. Works with the Director of Personal Care Services Development to establish specific goals, determine work procedures and expedite work flow to insure compliance with all regulations, operating policies and procedures of WEL and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. Communicate with and supervise appropriate staff and provide daily reports and other periodic reports; perform all the duties of a Personal Care Assistant when required.
Nurse Supervisor essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of WEL and the community.
* Complete assigned duties to provide and coordinate resident care. This includes, admission interviews and care plans, monitor and intervene/ADL s, emergency response, medication administration, and physician orders.
* Determine care assignments, scheduling, complete duties as needed, instruct and train for procedures, communicate resident status issues and or needs.
* Monitor residents and obtain information to develop appropriate interventions to prevent decline; record signs of change in condition; monitor weight loss, decline in ambulation, and change in ADL s and notify Physician and Department Director.
* Interview residents upon admission to develop care plan. Update care plans as needed and required. Attend and participate Plan of Care meetings as scheduled.
* Interview residents upon return from medical procedures, surgeries, or hospital stays to develop interim care plans.
* Respond to emergencies; monitor the condition of the resident; decide on the type of medical attention; call appropriate ambulance service if needed; notify family when resident is transferred or admitted to the hospital; notify the physician when a change in condition occurs.
* Responsible for the administration of medication and treatments to residents by appropriately certified staff members; place orders for medication from the pharmacy as needed.
* Confer with and advise residents and families on WEL programs, WEL Services, and refer to appropriate social service providers with WEL as necessary.
* Keep charts updated; document appropriately
* Complete employee and resident incident report forms; complete follow-up investigation forms.
* Make rounds to see each resident daily and as needed.
* Assist Director with internal and state agency Surveys and audits. Develop appropriate correction plan and/or process improvement plans.
* Ensure that residents are aware of the services that are available to them; encourage residents to participate in activities program and provide staff support to enable residents to get to and from and participate in activities.
* Maintain accountability for controlled substances; inventory medications at the beginning and end of the shift; notify Director of discrepancies and complete required documentation.
* Support the facility s medical supply system; follow procedures for resident charge items.
* Communicate status of residents to incoming personnel according to established procedures; communicate with physicians; transcribe, clarify, and implement physicians orders.
* Provide department orientation to all new personal care aides.
* Supervise Personal Care Assistants and determine work procedures, expedite work flow, evaluates performance, and provides and counseling and disciplining as needed.
* Insures that Personal Care Assistants and all supervised personnel adhere to standard job requirements, on-going clinical training and in-services.
* Demonstrates HIPPA Compliance to confidentiality through a conscious effort to keep all personal information private. This may include the resident s identity, physical or psychological condition, emotional status, or financial situation.
* Supports Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
* Completes requirements for in-service training.
* Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
* Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
* Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior. condition, emotional status, or financial situation.
* Supports and participates in common teamwork:
* Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
* Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
* Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns
* Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and guests.
Related Experience: Minimum of 2 years Nursing experience in a Personal Care/Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing or Long Term Care environment; Expert knowledge of current Pennsylvania Personal Care regulations as well as proposed Pennsylvania DPW changes to Personal Care/Assisted Living models
Education or Degree Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Licenses, Certifications Registrations: Current Pennsylvania license to practice as a licensed practical nurse or registered nurse in the state of Pennsylvania.
Equal Opportunity Employer