Programmer Analyst III - LIMS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/1/2020
END DATE 10/6/2020
Cell Signaling Technology
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY OVERVIEW
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. (CST) is a worldwide leader in the development and commercialization of antibodies, assays and research tools. As a company of scientists for scientists, we have developed PTMScan , a technology to discover protein post-translational modifications, PhosphoSitePlus , an online resource for investigation of post-translational modifications, and XMT technology, a proprietary method to develop exceptional monoclonal antibodies. We are fully committed to developing new research tools to help define the mechanisms underlying cell function and disease, thereby broadly accelerating progress in biomedical research and medicine.
We are seeking a Programmer Analyst to join our fast-paced IT Lab Informatics group. The Programmer Analyst III is an integral member of the team, performing application configuration, application scripting and systems integration for the Lab Informatics and Product Information Management portfolio. The position partners with the Product Development, Production and/or Marketing business teams, IT project teams, and IT engineering teams to understand needs, define requirements, identify, implement and support technology solutions, following Agile methodologies.
* Independently collaborate with Business stakeholders to understand, specify and refine business functional requirements and develop technical solutions to satisfy those requirements
* Participate in business planning, needs analysis and business risk assessment, process redesign; and consult with the customer on how to best support their area through the effective use of technology
* Participate in release planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, and sprint planning, demos and other Scrum related meetings
* Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on User Story, Project & Sprint Backlogs; assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition Serve as an agile scrum master when needed
* Work with end users in proactively identifying information systems / data management opportunities and the appropriate resolutions to increase effectiveness, efficiency and manageability of business operations
* Troubleshoot, assess, and lead resolution of business application issues as they arise. Put temporary solutions in place so that business operations can continue while issues are being fixed
* Provide ongoing change control, maintenance and end-user support for computer systems supported by the IT Lab Informatics department
* Develop logic procedures, prepare flowcharts, perform coding and test/debug programs
* Configure system settings and options plan and execute unit integration and acceptance testing and create specifications for systems to meet business requirements
* Write database structures and scripts to achieve technical objectives on which functional objectives depend
* Work with users to import data from spreadsheets and other sources into lab systems databases
* Write database application integration configuration and code
* Design, develop and execute unit tests to ensure that our systems maintain functionality and performance as they continue to evolve
* Prepare software development life cycle deliverables, such as database objects, persisted data, database scripts, software configurations, design documents and test cases
* Take responsibility for the delivery of functionality to business units to meet strategic and tactical CST objectives
* Build data reporting functionality (automated, self-service, and manual) to support Product Development and Production operations
* BA/BS in a related field
* Minimum of 5 years prior experience in an information systems analyst role specializing in laboratory systems, such as laboratory information management systems (LIMS), electronic notebooks (ELN), and/or complex data management systems, preferably within or supporting the biotech/pharma industry
* Experience with UML conceptual models, design user interfaces, and ability to analyze database models, debug/modify/develop code in PL/SQL and Java
* Experience with Agile methodologies for systems development, experience with Atlassian Jira for user story, task, and bug tracking
* Analysis and documentation of business processes and business systems
* Solutions design consisting of web user interfaces, application workflows and use cases, reporting using business intelligence tools like Boomi, Tableau, or Informatica
* Experience with validation of software deliverables and using defect tracking tools like Jira. Experience with multi system level integration using web services, file based data feeds, oracle database
* MS or MA in a related field is a plus
* 3 or more years web application and batch job development experience using tools such as Java, GWT, PL/SQL, GIT
* Experience with printing of labels using 1D & 2D barcodes using Zebra Printers and interfacing with bar code readers to read the barcodes
* Experience supporting internal and external customers
* Ability to work effectively in an agile environment
* Effective communication skills
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or as a member of the military or status in any group protected by applicable federal or state laws.