NonCertified OR Tech Sign On Bonus Available
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/1/2020
END DATE 9/29/2020
Poinciana Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Poinciana Medical Center is a four-story, 150,000 square foot hospital with 70 private beds and a six-bed private ICU. We provide a full range of acute care services including emergency services, inpatient and outpatient diagnostic imaging, inpatient and outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, laboratory, pharmacy, and a full range of support services. Our ED is approximately 14,500 square feet and consists of 22 private treatment rooms, an EMS entrance and a helicopter pad.
YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN A PAYCHECK. OUR BENEFITS RAISE THE BAR:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Paid Family Leave
Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
And much more!
$3,000 Sign On Available for Qualified Candidates
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the OR staff, assists in the delivery of patient care during the interoperative phase according to the policies and procedures of the facility.
* Anticipates physician preferences based upon scheduled surgical procedures contributing to achievement of established OR goals/performance numbers and improving patient outcomes.
* Assists in operative procedures by preparing and passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors and cutting sutures.
* Assists in the maintenance and care of specimens and prepares surgical specimen for laboratory analysis.
* Assists in the preparation of the operative site in anticipation of the surgical procedure.
* Follows universal precautions, and follows patient safety standards; and ensures proper cleaning, processing, and handling of all surgical instrumentation and scopes. applies the principles of asepsis to ensure the prevention of infection and maintain optimum patient care.
* Work collaboratively with surgical team to perform and ensure accurate surgical counts. demonstrates knowledge of hospital acquired conditions.
* Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
* Graduate from approved Surgical Tech program.
* 1-3 years of experience
* Experience in Ortho- total joints, General OR, and GYN is preferred.
* Urology Robotics experience is preferred.
* Current BLS through American Heart Association
SKILLS: Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.