Manager Capture Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/1/2020
END DATE 9/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONYour career starts now. We re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
The Manager, Capture Planning leads the development and execution of capture plans for all potential RFX efforts for new and existing Medicaid or other related business for the AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies. The Manager identifies the resources required to pursue a bid, and manages the process, plans and budgets necessary to develop and execute a winning capture plan. The Manager develops and drives a network of cross functional SMEs and external consultants to identify the needs of the customer, identify or develop solutions that address the needs of the customer, and make decisions on capture strategy and approaches. The Manager may lead a team of analysts in the Market Entry department. This role works in an integrated way with our market development and proposal teams, health plan leadership and our subject matter experts across the matrix of the organization. The Manager reports to the Director Capture Planning. Up to 20% travel may be required for this position.
Key responsibilities include:
* In collaboration with the Market President or Market Development Director/Manager, the Vice President, Market Entry, and other senior level decision makers, defines the strategic direction for procuring (i.e. capturing) new and existing business.
* Directs internal staff across the organization, and external consultants in the execution of capture planning activities, including but not limited to: the identification of customer issues, priorities and hot buttons; stage gate evaluation of the opportunity; development of opportunity strategy and win themes; identification, analysis, development, documentation, and approval of solutions; capture risk assessment and management; acquisition of data and other proof points to support a strong proposal.
* Guides analysts and consultants on research of customer priorities, national trends, solution alternatives, and identification of competitor offerings, organizational gap analysis, and the synthesizing of the research into appropriate formats for all levels of the organization.
* Establishes and leads cross functional work streams to arrive at informed strategic and tactical decisions, develop the capture planning deliverables, and execute the capture plan.
* Works with legal, market leadership, market development, and other SMEs to respond to protests, and prepare for oral presentations.
* Develops and enforces capture development processes, templates, guidelines, and deadlines.
* Contributes to process improvement efforts to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of capture deliverables.
* Serves as escalation point for open decisions, issues, and risks to support quality/performance standards and enforce deadlines for the capture plan development.
* Manages the use of resources, including internal staff, external consultants, and budgets for each capture and RFX effort.
* rovides guidance to the proposal team on customer priorities, response strategy, and solutions that address these priorities. Reviews proposal drafts for response strategy, incorporation of solutions, win themes, and quality.
* Interviews, hires, manages, and mentors staff.
* Bachelor s Degree required. Preferred majors include the following: business management, health care administration.
* Master s Degree, preferred.
* 5-10years in combination of management consulting, managed care, public health industry, or health insurance; Medicaid experience preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years experience supervising or managing direct report staff, and cross functional teams.
* Accomplished capture planning leader who understands managed care operations, project management, contracts, proposal development, and budget management.
* Experience collaborating and persuading all levels of staff and management across the matrix of the organization, to develop high-quality capture strategies and tactics.
* Outstanding managerial, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to effectively build understanding between multiple parties
* Strong ability to effectively organize ideas and synthesize large amounts of data, as well as demonstrated analytical skills to educate and lead the team to decisions.
* Excellent writing and presentation skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with irregular hours needed to meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to work with limited supervision, manage ambiguity, make sound decisions, proactively solve problems, and self-manage time.
* Expert user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Microsoft SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
* Back Share