PACU Nurse PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/1/2020
END DATE 8/9/2020
South Denver Endoscopy Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a PACU Nurse today with our Ambulatory Surgery Division.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a PACU Nurse for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We are seeking a PACU Nurse who demonstrates the values of our company by caring like family. You will ensure safe and effective nursing care rendered postoperatively until the patient is dismissed from the facility. With your expertise, our center will continue its legacy of employing nurses who contribute to the company s mission and vision.
What you will do in this role:
* Prepare your patients care area adequately and ensure necessary equipment and supplies and provided
* You will demonstrate proper airway management techniques
* Monitor your patients according to policy (vital signs, temperature, cardiac, etc.).
* You will exhibit proper technique for insertion, maintenance, and removal of IV catheters and saline locks
* Perform and document head to toe evaluation of your patients utilizing an approved scoring system in line with HCA policy and procedure
* Check dressings and/or operative site of your patients and report abnormalities to the surgeon
* Provide a safe and comforting environment for your patients and family
* Ensure your patients meet discharge criteria
SOUTH DENVER ENDOSCOPY CENTER located in Englewood, Colorado, is proud to have a long and distinguished reputation as a provider of ambulatory surgical care. Today, we offer a state of the art facility and the newest technologies in our four procedure rooms. Performing 500 cases a month, we perform gastrointestinal endoscopy services. We are AAAHC accredited and a part of HCA Healthcare, who has been named one of the world s MOST ETHICAL COMPANIES by Ethisphere since 2010.
Our center is conveniently located on the Swedish Medical Center campus making your commute easy.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our PACU Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
QUALIFICATIONS Qualifications you will need:
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in a Preop, PACU, GI, ER or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
* Active RN license as required by state of employment.
* Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
* ACLS required.
* PALS as required by facility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.