Sr. Software Engineer - Eden Prairie, MN; Hartford, CT, or Phoenix, AZ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/5/2020
Eden Prairie, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONCombine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn t about another gadget, it s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There s no room for error. Join us and start doing YOUR LIFE S BEST WORK. (SM)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method.
* Cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
* These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery.
* With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output.
* Includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
* Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed.
* Works with less structured, more complex issues.
* Serves as a resource to others.
* All phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development and testing
* Designing reusable Java components, frameworks and libraries
* Working closely with architecture group and driving solutions
* Troubleshooting production support issues post-deployment
* Demonstrating substantial depth of knowledge and experience in Java/J2EE development
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* 5+ years of experience in Information Technology in a full-stack software development role
* 5+ years of experience in hands-on software engineering, object-oriented and/or functional programming
* 3+ years of experience using Java 8+
* 3+ years of experience integrating RESTful APIs or web services with user interfaces
* 1+ year(s) of experience integrating Jenkins with Docker
* Experience with Angular using Typescript Node JS
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or other relevant degree
* Experience working in an Agile scrum environment
* Experience with relational databases and SQL
* Experience with agile development methodology and product ownership; experience implementing SDLC best practices in an Agile or Waterfall environments
* Experience with multi-location teams including offshore development
* Experience in design and deployment Public Cloud Solutions ( MS Azure)
* Experience with Hasura GraphQL
* Exposure to Infrastructure as Code on Azure using Terraform, Azure Kubernetes Service
TECHNOLOGY CAREERS WITH OPTUM. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do YOUR LIFE\'S BEST WORK.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
JOB KEYWORDS: Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Senior Software Engineer, Sr. Software Engineer