Senior Assistant Store Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOME JOIN THE NORTHERN TOOL + EQUIPMENT RETAIL TEAM! WE HAVE A NEW STORE LOCATION OPENING AT 5541 FRUITVILLE RD IN SARASOTA IN OCTOBER 2020!
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To manage assigned personnel in a manner which ensures that all retail sales and related activities are performed in a professional, courteous, reliable and results-oriented manner. This direction should promote the goals and objectives of the company and put an emphasis on an increase in sales and profits.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Participates with Store Manager in establishing meaningful goals and policy guidelines pertaining to retail sales operations and helps develop effective plans and programs to achieve sales goals and objectives.
2. Supervises and coordinates assigned retail sales functions and personnel under the general guidance of the Store Manager. For assigned personnel, responsibilities include interviewing, selecting qualified employees, and ensuring employee adequate coverage/scheduling, fielding questions on product and procedures, and providing work direction. Follows established performance management processes including conducting employee performance reviews and issuing disciplinary actions.
3. Acts as Store Manager and Manager on Duty (MOD) as assigned or needed including being responsible for opening and closing the store premises according to established policies and procedures. Effectively handles customer concerns and escalated questions within the guidelines established by the Company.
4. Keeps personnel informed of new products, local advertising, price changes and other significant information pertaining to sales activities. Ensures Sales Representatives receive adequate training on new products to explain and demonstrate such products in an effective manner. Ensures that Sales Representatives and Cashiers adhere to all non-negotiable selling standards, and actively participate in Company, regional, and store sales promotions and contests. Delivers Free Store Delivery (FSD) program to Company goals and standards.
5. Keeps actively aware of all Company sponsored promotions and seeks to maximize alternate sources of revenue including but not limited to ensuring Service Protection Plan (SPP) sales, approved credit card applications, parts, billing of technical hours, warranty claims, add on sales, and commercial business growth meet or exceed Company established goals.
6. Balances all money received according to established procedures and Store Operating Platforms (SOPs). Works with Store Manager to investigate discrepancies and take corrective action when necessary. Ensures that inventory at store is properly managed to meet Company inventory standards, as measured by regular cycle counts, internal audits and physical inventories.
7. Actively seeks to minimize shrinkage of inventory and protect the store against shoplifting and internal theft. Ensures that the Company s assets are adequately protected against theft or other suspicious activity by complying with all Company Loss Prevention (LP) policies including securing store keys, maintaining confidential alarm codes and ensuring alarm is enabled during off-hours.
8. Supports any required changes made in the store showroom by making sure all displayed merchandise is properly priced and signed, stock is rearranged to promote sales, new product is effectively displayed and the showroom is consistently maintained to ensure a neat and orderly sales environment, including all demonstration fixtures, product displays and work areas as per Company merchandising standards.
9. Prices or assists in the pricing under the guidance of the store manager of discontinued and surplus items and coordinates the sale of such merchandise.
10. Recommends new products and coordinates such recommendations with the Store Manager and the Merchandising Department. Provides input for Retail Operations and Merchandising meetings as needed. Notifies Merchandising of recurrent stock-out situations or abnormal sales trends.
11. Participates in all non-commissioned events deemed necessary by the Company such as sales meetings, trade shows, etc.
12. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
13. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school education or equivalent; 2 years college or related technical training preferred.
At least 3 years related retail sales experience.
Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Ability to lead, guide, and mentor store employees.
Strong customer service, sales, decision, and problem solving skills.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel, and others.
Ability to operate and use a Personal Computer (PC) with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Skills including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Desire to actively manage own individual development by taking training opportunities in order to grow within role and to be considered for Store Manager openings as they become available.
Ability to maintain a working knowledge of the company s intranet including related Store Operating Platforms (SOPs).
High mechanical aptitude including having knowledge of light industrial products, hydraulics, etc preferred.
Ability to travel to other locations, including out of state travel when needed or directed.
Ability to work a schedule that maintains effective store operations.
Handles confidential information with the utmost judgment and discretion.
Required to be part of 24-hour security company call list in order to respond to off hour alarm issues.
Willingness to relocate preferred.
Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or hear.
Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting.
Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Direct supervision of: 1-10 Non-Exempt Employees
Indirect supervision of: 5-15 Non-Exempt Employees