Home Health PRN Licensed Master Social Worker
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/20/2020
Brookdale Senior Living
San Antonio, TX
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
* Master s Degree in Social Work or in a human services field, including but not limited to sociology, special education, gerontology, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology
* Previous experience in a health-care setting working directly with individuals
* Licensed Social Worker in good standing
* Licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
As a qualified professional, provides social services to clients in the home per physician s orders and under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Services or appropriate supervisor.
* Provides rehabilitative and support casework geared to restoring patients to their optimum level of social health adjustment. This includes assisting patients and their families to understand, accept and follow medical recommendations.
* Helps patients utilize the resources of their families and the community by either referring patients or acting as intermediary on behalf of the patients in their dealings with other health and welfare agencies.
* Assists patients and their families with personal and environment difficulties, which predispose them toward illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care. These range from counseling members of the patient s family to assisting patients with admission to a nursing home.
* Consults with the physician and other members of the care team for the purpose of assisting them to understand significant social, emotional and environmental factors related to the patient s health problems.
* Prepares clinical/progress notes on the day of the visit and incorporates them into the clinical/record. Provides summaries and re-evaluations as required.
* Attends case conferences, as needed, and participates in staff development activities and in-service education.
* Assists in the development and revision of the physician s plan of treatments.
* Participates in discharge planning and completes the MSW Discharge on assigned caseload.
* Communicates effectively with all providing care.
* Confirms the scheduling of visits with RN Case Manager to coordinate necessary visits with other personnel.
* Notifies Agency of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, or other reasons, which will affect agreed services with the Agency.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Master s degree in Social Work; approved by the Council of Social Work Education. Minimum of one (1) year experience in a medical facility (hospital, clinic, rehabilitation center, etc.) where a team approach to treatment is utilized.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order. (MSW degree sufficient in states that do not require professional licensure as prerequisite to practice.)
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possess extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work effectively with and supervise other associates. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Ability to make independent decisions. Ability to deal tactfully with physicians, patients, family members, government agencies/personnel and the general public. Must have patience, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the ability to handle patients based on whatever maturity level in which they are currently functioning. Ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing social services. Must be able to communicate information concerning a patient s condition. Ability to work independently, have flexibility and personal integrity.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
* Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
* Reach with hands and arms
* Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
* Talk or hear
* Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
* Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
* On-Call on an as needed basis
* Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
* Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Schedule: Regular Part-Time