Home Health Aide
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/20/2020
Central Queens, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAddus Homecare is NOW HIRING LIVE IN AIDES, FLUENT IN FARSI.
Experienced workers and Trainees Needed! We are currently in need of caregivers fluent in Farsi.
Cases throughout Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx & Manhattan
ADDUS NYC TREATS YOU WITH RESPECT & OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS
* Competitive Pay Rate
* FREE Medical/Dental Insurance (incl. dependent children)
* FREE Physical
* Flexible Schedule
* Weekly Payment
* Direct Deposit Paycheck
* Paid Time Off
* Paid In-Service Classes
* Coordination Staff w Multiple Languages
* FREE Certification Training
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn the fundamentals of quality home care and deliver life-changing service to your clients. As an Addus Home Health Aide, you ll play a vital role in supporting seniors and people with disabilities living independently. This rewarding position provides consistent, flexible hours to accommodate your personal needs, while providing a great career with a growing, innovative industry leader. To ensure our clients receive the best care, we are able to offer FREE Home Health Aide training to those who do not hold an HHA certificate!
If you have a genuine passion for helping others, and you are looking for a meaningful, fulfilling career with a dynamic, values-driven organization that recognizes and supports your contribution, we invite you to join our team.
* Follow specific care plans for clients and report on completed tasks.
* Assist with personal care needs of the client (bathing, dressing, etc.).
* Provide or assist in routine house cleaning, meal preparation, and laundry.
* Transport client to doctor's office, grocery store and other essential errands.
* Assist client with the self-administration of medications.
* Observe and report any changes in client's condition.
* Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
* Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and flexibility to meet the needs of the clients.
* Follow all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements.
* Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Competencies:
* Must be 18 years of age
* Must be a Certified Home Health or Personal Care Aide with evidence of NYS Home Care Registry enrollment after completion of a NYS Department of Health approved Home Health training program
* Pre-employment physical examination/PPD prior to patient contact
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check as per NYS Department of Health regulation
* Must have reliable transportation; if by car, a valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required
* Nurturing and compassionate nature with the desire to care for others
* Ability to work with limited supervision
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
Addus Home Care is one of the nation s largest personal home care and support service providers. We service over 33,000 consumers weekly from more than 111 branches located in 24 states. As a client-focused, innovative company, we have a simple approach: We provide great care and we pay attention. Our staff shares a genuine passion for helping people and conducts all services efficiently, with a thoroughness to ensure lower health care costs while maintaining the highest quality of life for our consumers.
Addus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.