This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/28/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE HIRING
Technician-Surgical Instrument - OR Support Services 001 - PRN, Rotating - Sacred Heart Hospital Pensacola - Pensacola, FL
WHY JOIN ASCENSION?
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system that provides a network of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and a variety of other health services to communities in South Alabama and across Northwest Florida. The health system includes the 566-bed Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola and the Studer Family Children s Hospital at Sacred Heart, the region's only facility specializing in the care of children. Major regional services based in Pensacola also include the Heart and Vascular Institute, the area's leading Stroke Center, a Level II Trauma Center, and a Cancer Center affiliated with MD Anderson Cancer Network. In 2003, Ascension Sacred Heart opened its Emerald Coast hospital, a 76-bed community hospital in Walton County, near Destin, Fla. Ascension Sacred Heart also includes a 75-bed hospital in Panama City where services include a Level II trauma center and advanced cardiovascular care, as well as a 19-bed community hospital in Port St. Joe, FL, that serves Gulf and Franklin counties.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Associate with Sacred Heart Health System-FL, you will have the opportunity to inspect, assemble and evaluate all surgical instruments and instrument sets to ensure proper sterilization, completeness of set, and to determine need for repair/replacement.
* Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization containers and equipment according to established protocols.
* Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure cleanliness and proper functioning.
* Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems.
* Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for case carts.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
* Preferred Credential(s):
* Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM).