Social Worker - Behavioral Health
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE HIRING
Position: Social Worker Behavioral Health
Department: Adult Psychiatry Nursing Unit
Shift Details: Full-Time, Day (M-F; Occasional Weekends or Holidays)
Location: St Vincent's East Trussville, AL
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent s Birmingham, St. Vincent s Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent s East, and St. Vincent s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
St. Vincent s East Hospital Campus Trussville, AL
St. Vincent s East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20 minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL. It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and community needs. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to drive downtown.
St. Vincent s East provides all the service lines that our downtown hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency Department.
As a Social Worker with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to investigate, assess and plan interventions to help patients cope with social, emotional, economic and environmental problems.
* Interview patients, assess priorities and document case activity.
* Consult with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient's relatives to ensure compliance with patient's treatment plan.
* Assist clients/families with obtaining community assistance by referral to proper resources.
* Develop and maintain working relationships with community health, welfare and social agencies and seeks creative means to assist the client with his/her needs.
* Support management of concurrent review, discharge planning processes, social services, home care and other post discharge needs
* Required Credential(s):
* One or more of the following:
* Agency Affiliated Counselor obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Licensed Bachelor Social Worker credentialed from the Alabama Board of Social Work Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
* 3 years of experience preferred.
* Licensed Masters Social Worker preferably with inpatient psychiatric experience
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)