Modeling/Sim Engineer, Senior (Horizon)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/12/2020
El Segundo, CA
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of space control capabilities. This position supports to a portfolio of programs designed to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority.
Our team has an immediate need for a MODELING, SIMULATION, AND ANALYSIS ENGINEER with experience assessing space and ground system architectures and system performance. We are looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to develop models and simulations that effectively capture system and system of systems effects in complex operational environments.
This role provides systems engineering and integration expertise in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center's Special Programs Directorate.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Designing, developing, and verifying simulations and analysis plans, as well as other work products such as gap analyses or Technical Performance Measures (TPM) assessments, that enable key program and architectural decisions.
* Generating analytical modeling solutions to assess enterprise performance, identify technology gaps, creating technology roadmaps, developing requirements and specifying the operational benefits of current and future concepts based on customer approved scenarios.
* Supporting requirements development, system verification, and concept of operations (CONOPS) development as well as working with system and mission analysts to ensure additional modeling, simulation, analysis capabilities meet operational mission requirements
* Identifying needs and opportunities for independent assessment and improvement of the enterprise and/or system.
* Developing modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies.
* Developing algorithms, writing simulations, and analyzing key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system design.
* Supporting analysis activities by integrating performance models with MBSE models and tools.
* Quantifying performance impacts and sensitivity to changes in CONOPS, scenarios, and/or threats.
* Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers.
* Working closely with the government customer to understand needs and collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the Space Force.
* Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science, or Engineering with 5+ years of demonstrated system engineering and integration experience (equivalently a similar Master's Degree with 4+ years, or PhD)
* Experience with modeling, simulation, and mission analysis techniques and tools
* Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and works well in a team environment
* Experience scripting for analysis purposes
* Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and interpersonal skills
* Active TS/SCI with an SSBI, Be willing to consent to a polygraph
* Experience working in an Agile team/framework
* Experience with MATLAB, STK, AFSIM, Simulink, Model Center, or other comparable modeling and simulation tools
* Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tools
* Space Control Mission Area experience is highly desirable
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability