Lead Platform Software Engineer (Elastic Search) - Eden Prairie, MN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/5/2020
Eden Prairie, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONNo industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do YOUR LIFE\'S BEST WORK.(SM)
We currently have a Lead role for the Elastic Search Platform in Optum Technology. The position will be based only in Eden Prairie, MN.
* Develop a platform to provide Elastic Search platform available as a service within Optum
* Work with automation and orchestration tools such as OpenShift, Jenkins, Ansible or other commercial PaaS offerings
* Continually monitor industry developments in Cloud infrastructure developments, tools and products used in the cloud delivery model
* Work with Software, Platform Engineering and Operations teams on the development and delivery of operational ready platforms
* Work with Elastic Search consumers to scope, provisions and provide a stable platform
* Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
* Work with full Elastic Search and Elastic Cloud Stack: Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Machine Learning, APM, Beats and more
* Design automated, resilient, scalable platform solutions
* Participate in development of automated delivery work flows using cloud automation and orchestration tools, Unix shell scripting and other deployment tools
* Involved in solving moderately complex problems and/or conduct moderately complex analysis
* Deliver the process and standards for developing new and exciting services for our customers
* Develop integrations between vendor tool APIs and automation frameworks
* Provide explanation and information to others on difficult issues
* Coach, provide feedback guide others and mentor team members
* Identify/quantify scope and impact of business changes on systems
* Support, design and improve on monitoring, alerting and tooling efforts
* Reviewing the decisions the team makes to ensure consistency and alignment with the vision
* Maintain awareness of current technology assets, and the applicability and capability of each
* Ability and willingness to augment current expertise with new open source or targeted vendor technologies
CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FULL TIME IN THE EDEN PRAIRIE, MN OFFICES OR WILLING TO MOVE ON THEIR OWN.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* Undergraduate degree
* 6+ years of experience in the area of Platform engineering
* 5+ years of experience in a technical lead position (SME) or mentorship while providing technical guidance to team
* 4+ years of experience with ElasticSearch development or engineering
* 2+ years of experience with Kafka, OpenShift, Java or Python development
* 2+ years of development experience including full life cycle activities
* Experience with Agile methodology
* Experience working across fully automated stacks in a CI/CD ecosystem
* Agile DevOps delivery model experience
* Experience with general ITIL principle of Issue and Problem management and resolution
* Health care industry experience
* Experience with distributed data stores at scale
* Experience working with emerging technologies
* Experience working effectively across multiple functional areas in a matrixed environment
* Experience with Cassandra, Kafka, Prometheus, Grafana
* Experience with test case automation
* Experience in agile environments (using tools like CA Agile Central)
TECHNOLOGY CAREERS WITH OPTUM. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do YOUR LIFE\'S BEST WORK.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
JOB KEYWORDS: Java, Kafka, Python, OpenShift, Platform Software Engineer, Elastic Search, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota