Environmental Svcs Tech I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Advocate Health Care
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 35 years, Good Shepherd Hospital has served the community by providing quality, compassionate health care services to families throughout the northwest suburbs. Today, more than 700 physicians representing over 50 medical specialties have chosen to affiliate with Good Shepherd Hospital. Highly-skilled physicians and clinical professionals provide a comprehensive range of services including nationally acclaimed cardiovascular care, advanced surgical capabilities, emergency services backed by the resources of a level II trauma center and a state-of-the-art Birth Center. A nationally-recognized cancer program, a health & fitness center as well as an extensive range of outpatient services round out our health care program.
To provide a clean safe environment which meets the expectations of all customer group and operational needs. Performance measurement is used to identify, assess and evaluate performance monitor to improve key processes and key result areas.
* Select cleaning materials and supplies appropriate to the job and transports them to work area.
* Prepares detergents, germicidal solutions and other cleaning/disinfecting solutions according to established formulas. Sweeps, dust mops, and wet mop floor areas and spot cleans carpets using appropriate solutions. Shampoos furniture, carpets and rugs using appropriate equipment and supplies and adhering to applicable schedules.
* Move equipment and furniture for cleaning, rearrangement and/or relocation. Arrange furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion, and in accordance with applicable floor plans, after cleaning assigned area(s).
* Collects and/or distributes soiled and/or clean linens, as required. Collects trash and/or waste from all areas of the hospital, as required.
* Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence:
* Maintains responsibility for attendance and punctuality Maintain proper attendance requirement outlined in the Hospital Policy and Procedure Manual.
* Clean/disinfects assigned area(s) by washing walls, doors, door frames, ceilings, patient televisions, windows, furniture, tile, fixtures, appliances, floors, and equipment with appropriate cleaning solutions using procedures and following schedules specific to each item. Assigned area(s) may include, but are not limited to, patient rooms, offices, meeting rooms, rest rooms, elevators stairwells and other areas of the hospital and/or off~site facilities.
* Customer Satisfaction~Demonstrates a commitment to satisfying customer needs and exceeding customer expectations.
* Use appropriate procedures following patient discharges.
* High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
* Basic computer skills preferred Able to operate small electrical equipment e.g., vacuum cleaners
* Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to communicate effectively in English as related to the performance of the essential job activities outlined (including reading and comprehending chemical labels and other safety materials)
* Job responsibilities involve walking, standing, bending, climbing and lifting throughout the work day.
* Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For lifts over 35 pounds, lifting equipment is expected to be used or lift with at least one other associate when available. Unique lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case by case basis.
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state s largest integrated children s network, the state s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area s largest home health care companies, and the region s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.