Clinical Laboratory Scientist III (FT), Chemistry/Hematology - Evenings
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 9/7/2020
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONSIGN-ON/RETENTION INCENTIVES: UP TO $2500*
FOR EVENING SHIFT POSITION
Independently performs a variety of diagnostic tests in the Clinical Laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Performs venipunctures and capillary draws on Inpatients, Emergency Room patients, and Outpatients as needed.
This is a full-time, benefitted, evening-shift position working 2:00pm-10:30pm. The evening shift position receives a 10% shift differential.
RESPONSIBILITIES: A listing of the key responsibilities:
* Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform a variety of laboratory tests in a timely manner yielding accurate and precise results with a low error rate.
* Ability to appropriately troubleshoot and resolve problems. Ensures that patient results are not reported until systems are functioning properly. Clearly communicates resolutions or next steps.
* Possesses solid knowledge, skills and theory to perform job duties in the clinical laboratory.
* Performs and evaluates quality control and instrument functioning checks using established quality control practices to assess the functioning of the test system(s). Identifies when a QC problem exists and is able to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Operates and maintains laboratory equipment according to established laboratory procedures and/or manufacturers recommendations, including maintaining supplies. Identifies when sample, instrument, and/or procedural problems exist and takes appropriate actions to remedy the issue.
* Is able to appropriately troubleshoot problems and communicate resolutions or next steps.
* Orients and trains new laboratory staff. Trains bench personnel when new procedures or systems are put into routine use. Trains MLS or MLT/CLT students in bench procedures, basic theory, and advanced skills. Helps develop teaching and training tools.
* Actively participates in the D-HH member s laboratory s continuing education program.
* Assist in outpatient/in-patient phlebotomies, specimen processing, non-patient registration, and requisition checks, as needed. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to determine phlebotomy technique appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and acts in accordance with all hospital safety requirements.
* Performs other duties as required or assigned.
*External hires only and certain conditions apply
* AS degree and minimum of 4 years of Clinical Laboratory experience or Bachelors of Science Degree and a minimum of 2 years of Clinical Laboratory experience.
* Minimum of 2 years of relevant technical experience required.
* Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines and manage changing volumes. Basic knowledge of computer software systems.
REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION SKILLS:
* Nationally recognized certification within 1 year of date of hire.
* ASCP preferred
* Current BLS certification required within 30 days of hire for the CLS employees located at Community Group Practice laboratory locations.