GNA Geriatric Nursing Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE HIRING
$1,200 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR GNA NEW HIRES!
GNA Geriatric Nursing Assistant
St. Joseph's Place - Emmitsburg,MD
Join our team at St. Joseph s Place, part of Ascension Living, is looking for caring and compassionate GNA s to join the team! This gorgeous 113 bed Long Term Care Center offers -term skilled nursing, rehabilitation and therapy.
WHY JOIN ASCENSION?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a GNA Geriatric Nursing Assistant with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to assists with basic patient care activities.
* Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
* Assists patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport.
* Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
* Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly. Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* Required Credential(s):
* Nurse Aide specializing in Gerontology credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Preferred Credential(s):
* BLS Provider.
* High school diploma or GED preferred
* None required.
At Ascension Living, we are always learning things from our senior living communities, hospitals, and caregivers all over the country. And this means we have the ability to customize what works best in a lot of different places to ensure you feel safe and well. Safety is our top priority. That is why we provide ongoing associate education, hands-on training and access to the latest in COVID testing and mitigation efforts.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)