Pediatric Cardiac Care Respiratory Therapy Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/28/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE HIRING
Title: Pediatric Cardiac Care Respiratory Therapy Supervisor
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: Dell Children s Medical Center
Department: Respiratory Care 001
Additional Job Details: Full Time Rotating
WHY JOIN ASCENSION?
Dell Children s Medical Center, a Magnet designated facility, serves as Central Texas only comprehensive Pediatric Cardiac Care center. Our Pediatric Cardiac Care Intensive Care Unit (CCU) is a 24-bed comprehensive care unit with a state of the art facility and equipment. Our complex patient population includes infants and children, birth to 17 years of age, experiencing life threatening congenital and non-congenital cardiac anomalies and defects. This patient population may consist of children requiring cardiac repairs/procedures such as Norwood, Glenn, TAPVR, PAPVR, transplants, VAD and ECMO. We give extraordinary care provided by Board Certified Pediatric Intensivists, APRNs, RNs, Respiratory Technicians (including ECMO trained) along with support services such as Patient Care Technicians, Child Life, Chaplain Services, Social Services, and many others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
At Ascension, we re using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
As an Associate with Ascension Seton, you will have the opportunity to supervise the daily activities of assigned staff.
* Creates work schedules, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and staffing levels.
* Trains, coaches, and evaluates assigned staff on performance expectations. Provides input for hiring and termination procedures.
* Coordinates patient care with other members of the team to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and desired patient outcomes.
* Ensures that adequate supply levels are maintained and makes changes to supply as needed.
* You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
* One or more of the following:
* Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Texas Respiratory Care Practitioners Certification Program obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.