MI Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONYOUR ROLE
The MI Product Manager reports to the Senior Product Development Manager and is responsible for overall product ownership of our MI product value prop while leading cross-functional workstreams in the development and management of mortgage insurance offerings and strategic initiatives to drive customer success.
* You will manage the MI product including our customer s experience with our pricing, our differentiated value prop, our underwriting service, customer-specific product offerings, and other innovative customer solutions.
* You will oversee each product through its full life cycle including managing product roadmaps, presenting new concepts, building business case for enhancements using data-driven decisions, executing product changes, launching the offering into the market, and monitoring post-launch. As the product manager, you will establish product rigor, manage ROI, establish KPIs, and identify areas for improvement, with ability to sunset offerings if/when justified. You will monitor, manage, and report out on each product or service.
* You will engage directly with our sales team and strategic mortgage lending partners to enhance or modify our products and proactively develop creative solutions for our customers. You will identify, analyze, and create new product opportunities through customer feedback, market trends, industry and competitive intelligence, regulatory environment, and business leadership to maintain a pipeline of product ideas and enhancements.
* You will lead cross-functional projects and interact with operations, lender services, pricing, credit policy, IT, legal/compliance, sales, audit, and risk in the management and development of MI products in order to maximize results, improve customer experience, and achieve business objectives.
* Your 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
* Your 5+ years of experience in Product Management, Product Development, Product Analysis, Project Management, or other Customer/Sales support roles
* Your analytical mindset with the ability to make data-driven decisions and proven experience with product or program analysis
* Your demonstrated ability in leading through change with new strategic business initiatives
* Your creative, optimistic, curious, and collaborative nature
* Your excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* Your ability to negotiate and work collaboratively across all levels of the business
* Your proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Your demonstrated leadership with ability to motivate and influence others to achieve results
* Your working knowledge of Genworth s products, services, and value-add offerings
* Your experience in the mortgage, insurance, or financial services industry
* Your ability to work extended hours as business dictates
* This role is intended to be in the Raleigh office long-term. Any relocation will not be required until Genworth office locations re-open (January 2021 at the earliest)
* This position is not currently visa sponsorship eligible
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
Genworth Mortgage Insurance, headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, is a global mortgage insurer with a major presence in North America, India, and Australia. With origins dating back to 1980, Genworth Mortgage Insurance provides primary mortgage guaranty insurance coverage on residential mortgage loans, as well as mortgage pool insurance policies that enhance insurance coverage for various types of mortgage-related securities. Our mortgage insurance can help individuals secure low down payment loans and realize the dream of home ownership faster even for the first time.
We know we can t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That s why we re committed to creating a work environment that fosters inclusion, excellence, improvement and connection. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.