Software Systems Engineer/Integrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/15/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONBusiness Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Software Systems Engineer/Integrator will engage in cloud-based systems engineering and implementation of enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing, and development and deployment of applications into a cloud environment. Activities supported will include full life cycle end-to-end engineering, development, integration and deployment of cloud-based computing and information systems that meet specified mission needs.
Considered a recognized authority within the company. Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Conducts research in design, development, testing and use of information systems software and data. Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with designers and/or engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of information systems. Determines Customer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops applications programs, and systems. Ensures software standards are met. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design. Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met. Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions.
* A minimum of TS security clearance with SCI eligibility.
* Bachelor's with 10-12 yrs of experience or a Master's with 8-10 yrs of experience; Or related equivalent experience without a degree.
* Any Cloud-related Professional certification(s): [e.g., i. Professional Cloud Solutions Architect (PCSA) ii. AWS Solutions Architect (Professional)], iii. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, iv. AWS Certified SysOps Administrator (Associate), v. AWS Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional), vi. AWS Certified Big Data (Specialty)]
* Experience leading a distributed cross-functional information technology implementation team.
* DIA systems experience [e.g., Machine-Assisted Analytic Rapid-Repository System (MARS), Generic Area Limitations Environment (GALE), Functional Intelligence System of Hierarchical Networks (FISHNet), FounDRI, Event Data, Defense Economics Database, Object Based Production (OBP), Activity Based Intelligence (ABI), IC Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE)].
* Hands-on experience in large-scale distributed systems engineering, integration, applications, analysis (e.g., architecture, design, development, implementation, verification, deployment and sustainment).
* Experience using Application Lifecycle Management, API Management, and Agile development methodologies.
* STEM Masters degree (e.g., computer science, management information systems, systems engineering).
* Large cloud-computing infrastructure and platforms experience (e.g., AWS or Elastic MapReduce).
* Cloud-based systems engineering, and development and deployment of applications into a cloud environment experience.
* Programming language experience (e.g., Java, C++, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, Pig/Hive, Elixir).
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).