RN Charge Medical Surgical
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/9/2020
CHI SAINT JOSEPH HOSPITAL
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This position is accountable for the daily patient care operations of the assigned department, working under the direction of the Nurse Manager on assigned shifts. Responsible for daily patient care assignments, maintaining clinical standards of care, maintaining labor productivity and supervision of the patient care environment; supporting the care team. Supports the activities of the Nurse Manager. Maintains positive inter- and intra-departmental relationships. Directs patient throughput activities in the assigned unit. Maintains evidence-based nursing practices to achieve desirable patient outcomes in accordance with the Kentucky Nurse Practice Act.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides direct supervision of personnel practicing on Nursing Units, makes patient care assignments, evaluates assignments, facilitates patient throughout, and directly observes staff performance on assigned shift.
* Proactively matches existing resources seeking ways to provide patient care that supports staff and maintains a therapeutic environment.
* Monitors productivity and assures that staffing and resources are aligned with patient care needs.
* Communicates personnel related concerns to Unit Manager.
* Uses a logical, systematic approach to problems and problem-solving.
* Facilitates Patient Experience best practices on the unit (hourly rounding, etc.)
* Maintains Unit Professional standards. Holds staff accountable for behaviors and attitudes.
* Maintains confidentiality of information of the department. Assists in audits and data collection as requested.
* Contributes to the efficient operation of the department.
* Performs direct patient care and accepts an assigned group of patients as needed.
* Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Required Licensure and Certifications
Current RN license in the State of Kentucky. See attached grid for required certifications.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
2 years RN experience preferred.
BSN preferred. Must be able to demonstrate advanced skills and abilities of a registered nurse, practicing within the nursing scope of practice. Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Also, be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deliver successful results. Critical thinking and problem solving skills and must be moderately advanced with experience in handling complex situations and conflicts. Microsoft Office, Clinical Documentation, Payroll systemEqual Opportunity
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.