Social Worker/Bereavement Counselor/Volunteer Coordinator-Marathon/Full Time/SIGN ON BONUS!
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/30/2020
Chapters Health Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONIt's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
* Master s degree in Social Work (CSWE accredited)
* Current Florida LCSW
* Experience in palliative care, hospice or other health care setting
* Familiarity with and working knowledge of the concepts and practices of death and dying with children and adults
* Previous experience working with an EMR/EHR (Electronic Medical/Health Record) system
* Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and effectively handle the emotional stress of the workload
* Able to remain calm, professional, trouble shoot and intervene with patient/family crisis situations
* Mobile Driver - Valid driver's license and automobile insurance per Company policy
* Ability to travel to off-site locations
* Ability to physically access any home, hospital, nursing home, and ALF (i.e., navigate stairs, narrow stairs, narrow spaces, lack of air conditioning, etc.)
* Ability to work in a team environment and intervene appropriately
* Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
* Represent Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
* Must demonstrate high ethical standards in areas of the company s mission, confidentiality, sensitivity, and flexibility.
* Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
* Comply with company policies, procedures and standard practices.
* Observe company's health, safety and security practices.
* Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within company.
* Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
* Promote company through participation in community and professional organizations.
* Participate proactively in improving performance at the micro and macro levels.
* Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
* Advance electronic media skills.
* Support company research and educational activities.
* Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
* Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate.
* Collaborates with Social Services leadership about social services issues to ensure compliance with Standards and Regulations (i.e., ACHA, NASW, Joint Commission, NHPCO, etc.).
* Performs psychosocial assessments and makes appropriate referrals.
* Assesses the psychosocial aspects of care for patients and their families as well as bereaved children, adults, and families in accordance with the Organization s policy.
* Utilizes advanced practice social work skills to engage patients and families who are in crisis, exhibiting problems with coping, and/or who are at high risk for complicated psychosocial reactions.
* Provides or makes referrals for appropriate patient/family counseling and initiation of case management interventions necessary for resolving issues and maintaining Plan of Care.
* Empowers patients/families to negotiate with resource providers and make decisions on their own behalf.
* Provides appropriate anticipatory grief and bereavement counseling and initiates interventions necessary for resolving problem issues and maintaining Plan of Care.
* Maintains assessment and intervention documentation in a manner reflecting timeliness, completeness, accuracy, legibility, clarity of goal and appropriateness of intervention.
* Evaluates bereavement needs, including making condolence calls, evaluating risk and coordinating the Plan of Care.
* Works with employees to coordinate the provision of concrete services, to direct patient visits and attend interdisciplinary care meetings.
* Performs other duties as assigned.