This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/7/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONThere is a reason that Clark is a leader in the construction industry. Simply put, its our people. You can play a critical role in the future of our cities and communities with a career at Clark Construction. From monuments and museums, to stadiums, hospitals, universities, highways, hotels and more, Clark has shaped Americas skyline for over a century. Our work leaves a lasting legacy; the same goes for our people. We owe our success to the leadership, talent, and drive of our employees. With a wide range of opportunities from management, to finance, to engineering and more, explore the many ways to grow your career and build your own legacy at Clark.Come be a part of our team, today!
The Superintendent oversees all field operations on a project to ensure that self-performed and subcontracted trade work is in compliance with contract documents and the project schedule. Superintendents also implement and enforce safety and quality control policies among Clark employees and subcontractors. We are looking for a superintendent to support a large aviation project in the Seattle area.
* Supervise the timely and cost-effective installation of the contracted work of either 1) the total project or, due to size, scale and complexity, 2) a particular scope(s), subcontractor(s), or other portion(s) of the project
* Provide on-the-job training opportunities for Assistant Superintendents and Project/Office Engineers. Encourages and/or participates in staff training and development
* Develop a plan for sequence of work. Develop project schedule. Plan and organize project work to assure all work is in place in accordance with contract documents.
* Have working knowledge of owner contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
* Know the scheduled delivery dates for all critical path material and equipment.
* Know submittal schedule.
* Update project schedule monthly and in accordance with contract documents.
* Control field costs for Clark and subcontract work. Supervise field work force to assure all work is put in place in the most cost-efficient manner.
* Schedule and monitor field productivity.
* Have good working knowledge of equipment.
* Implement safety program. Conduct regular safety inspections to assure all working conditions and work habits are in compliance with company, contract and government standards. Take remedial action when required.
* Implement the companys safety policies and procedures and corporate QC policies and programs.
* Assist in resolution of scope conflicts.
* Participate in the project management functions.
* Assure punch list is completed in a timely manner.
* Participate in marketing proposals and presentations
* Undergraduate degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or a related discipline
* 6+ years of experience with a large-scale commercial contractor or equivalent industry experience
* Experience building large commercial construction projects successfully from start to finish. Experience with aviation projects is strongly preferred.
* In depth knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower, etc.
* Experience with a large-scale commercial contractor or equivalent industry experience with increasing levels of responsibility
* Demonstrated ability to lead field operations
* Working knowledge of applicable regulations (i.e., OSHA)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Clark Construction Group, LLC, (subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Clark Construction promotes a drug-free workplace.