Senior Scientist I/II, Biotransformation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2020
END DATE 8/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT ABBVIE
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Biotransformation group in DMPK-BA has an open position for a Senior Scientist I/II to perform drug metabolism studies supporting drug discovery and development. The selected candidate will be responsible for designing and conducting in vivo and in vitro investigations, interpret results, and strive to answer key scientific questions. Duties will be focused on laboratory work and the applicant will collaborate across various disciplines within AbbVie to support biotransformation.
It would be advantageous for the candidate to have practical experience performing in vivo and in vitro biotransformation studies, mass spectrometry, structure identification, analytical method development, metabolite profiling, handling radioactive compounds, and possess strong written and oral communication skills.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Design, perform, interpret, and report appropriate data from in vivo and in vitro studies for identifying metabolite structures and associated pathways
* Communicate data interpretation to DMPK colleagues, project teams and management
* Routinely operate LC-MS/MS instrumentation, including maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Writing or contributing to study reports and regulatory submissions.
* Keeps well-informed of literature; Evaluate new methods, technologies, study designs and equipment.
* Ph.D. in life sciences with typically 0-3 years, MS with typically 8-10 years, or BS with typically 10-12 years of relevant academic or industry research experience in small molecule development.
* Demonstrated expertise in mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography and structure ID
* General understanding of drug metabolism processes, including method development, metabolite profiling, metabolic processes
* Trained with radio-active material is preferred
* Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and work well within a team
* Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES
JOB LEVEL CODE
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.