Agronomy Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 9/16/2020
Southern States Cooperative.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis job description is a summary of essential job functions necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job functions may vary by location.
Manages the efficient daily operations of a Southern States Cooperative, Inc. (SSC) agronomy plant. Drives profitability by providing leadership and direction to SSC team members in the areas of sales, customer service, and operational excellence. Relies on extensive knowledge of agronomy operations and industry best-practices to accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Execute a strategic agronomy operations plan that aligns customer service, sales and volume building, inventory management, budgeting and expense control with SSC business and financial goals. Utilize standard operating procedures (SOP) designed to maximize efficiencies while complying with SSC policy and government regulations.
- Drive sales of agronomy products and services through direct association with customers. Maintain highest level of customer service and relationship management. Dispatch custom applicators in an efficient and effective manner.
- Oversee inventory control programs to maintain optimum levels of bulk dry and liquid fertilizer and crop protectant inventory. Ensure compliance with regulations governing receiving, storing, and delivering fertilizer and related treatment products. Monitor inventory to ensure a continuous supply to meet spreading schedule requirements and seasonal demand. Lead and assist employees to regularly perform physical inventory.
- Lead the development of a highly effective team. Coach facility team members to support sales and service needs of customers in a safe and efficient manner. Foster employee engagement by establishing clear performance objectives, continuously communicating facility results and goals, supporting cross training opportunities, removing obstacles to efficient performance, and resolving complex customer issues.
- Coordinate with division leadership to establish a staffing plan designed to meet seasonal volume adjustments and budget requirements. Oversee the hiring process for facility positions. Complete performance appraisals, conduct performance reviews, determine compensatory rewards, and administer corrective action. Promote recognition programs for individuals and teams.
- Promote the SSC brand and business philosophy in a positive and customer-focused manner throughout the local community and sales region. Develop and maintain open lines of communication with local civic leaders, patrons, and board. Visit current and prospective customer locations to strengthen business relationships and to present product offerings.
- Represent SSC in a positive manner by demonstrating professionalism at all times in communication and appearance. Wear approved SSC uniform/attire and operate a neat and well-maintained vehicle.
- Promote the use of John Deere Financial, GrowMaster and other programs as sales tools for growing market share.
- Depending upon product mix, research and assess regional pricing trends and/or fluctuation in commodities markets. Gather data through observations of competitors and/or market performance. Collaborate with corporate and regional counterparts to ensure proper pricing to optimize inventory supply and profits.
- Establish and direct vehicle and equipment maintenance programs, dispatch routes, degree-day systems for fuels, and use of loaned equipment. Order tools and parts for equipment repair and maintenance. Perform physical inspection, including climbing, crawling, and maneuvering on and around equipment. Maximize useful life of all plant equipment, including rolling stock, within expense budget limitations.
- Oversee various business office functions, including: accounting, payroll, and customer/vendor relations. Verify and approve accounts payable, credits, and other transactions. Monitor expenditures and control costs to meet financial objectives. Ensure compliance with SSC policies and government regulations.
- Utilize the CRM Tool to maintain accurate customer records, prospect lists, and report weekly sales calls to both customers and prospects. Transmit weekly fieldwork reports and weekly expense voucher to General Manager.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, developments, regulations, and updates to SSC products and services. Utilize a variety of resources to meet development planning and continuing education requirements, including: professional organizations, seminars (i.e. Crops Certification), conferences, training courses, self-study, and on-line tools.
- Safeguard facility assets. Maintain an inventory control program to ensure inventory integrity and minimize shrink of merchandise. Monitor a facility security program to protect inventory, equipment, facility and staff in accordance with SSC policy.
- Direct and prioritize safety initiatives. Maintain a clean, safe facility to meet OSHA and EPA regulations, Southern States Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, and all applicable policies and work rules. Lead and document safety training and initiatives according to SSC guidelines. Monitor employees for safe performance. Perform work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, customers, coworkers, equipment, or inventory. Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Maintain current Emergency Response Planning records.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled