Senior Business Program Manager, Digital
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 8/6/2020
Downers Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONWant to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Report to the Chief Transformation Leader and Project Management Office (PMO), but work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer on behalf of the PMO to be responsible for a program of work supporting innovation and digital transformation. Manages the overall coordination of Chief Commercial Officer s Digital Program projects from idea through value capture. Ensures that projects within a program deliver the business value originally targeted, and are completed within the constraints of scope, quality, schedule, and budget. Establishes effective communication with other managers across business and digital functions to clarify business requirements and intended outcomes. Coordinates the work of the teams within the program to deliver regular status reporting, program level risk mitigation strategies and issue management. Complies and adheres to methodology and processes. Works to create a collaborative environment that supports the Univar Solutions mission and vision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Plans, coordinates, tracks and manages a portfolio of inter-related projects to successful completion.
* Develops the overall program plan and execution strategy in collaboration with managers of individual projects in the portfolio.
* Works with project managers, resource managers, technical staff and business leaders to orchestrate projects within the program portfolio to ensure they are planned and executed in alignment with the overall program strategy and plan.
* Develops a trusted advisor relationship with project sponsor and other key stakeholders.
* Defines and manages overall program risks and take corrective action in a proactive manner to mitigate those risks.
* Provide input of resource capacity, estimates and project feasibility.
* Prepares project and program presentations and status reporting to Director level and C level management.
* Provides clear and timely communication to relevant stakeholders.
* Develops collaborative working relationships with the business, digital and IT functions.
* Delivers the program to meet stakeholder expectations relative to schedule, cost and functionality.
* Other duties as required.
* Works with the Chief Commercial Officer and his team to develop and manage digital programs and plans
* Works with regional digital teams, IT, and other business functions to develop and manage digital programs and plans
* Monitors status of all projects of the Digital Program, reports status, and assists in resolving issues to keep projects on track for success; assists in monitoring and reporting out results
* Input to complex and strategic business decisions
* Chooses corrective action to address program level issues
* Assigns tasks and project team members
* Management of project team members.
* Oversight of individual project managers if needed
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience required. Preferred discipline in marketing, technology, or business.
* 5+ years of Digital strategy and deployment experience preferred.
* Proven experience leading project teams with 10+ team members and with multi-million dollar budgets required.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from Project Management Institute (PMI) or successful completion of recognized project management curriculum preferred.
* Proficiency in PC and Project Management applications required (e.g. MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, etc.)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation and meeting management skills.
* Demonstrated leadership, decision-making and relationship management skills.
* Demonstrated problem-solving and negotiation/influence skills with ability to achieve results in an ambiguous and changing environment.
* Excellent judgment, problem resolution, team building, negotiation, budgeting, decision-making, & experience working under continual deadline pressure.
* Strong ability to function at both a strategic and tactical level
* Demonstrated ability to work with multi-organizational teams composed of individuals with expertise in a large number of disciplines
* An ideal candidate would have:
* Expereince with Chemical or manufacturing industry preferred
* Experience with both Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to develop complete workstreams, with milestones, key deliverables and resource planning to achieve expected outcomes
* Ability to recognize, communicate, initiate collaborative discussions and recommend changes when project workstreams are not on track
* Provide solutions for challenges throughout the process and assist in the application or implementation of those solutions
* Strong leadership skills and ability to drive the process
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.