Computer Hardware Engineer (Cyber and Space Systems)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 8/9/2020
El Segundo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you ready to put your Electrical and Computer Hardware Engineering expertise to work on complex Program Protection projects in support of an exciting space-focused mission? Are you great with people and have a track record of delivering secure systems to satisfy the customer s mission?
Parsons is now hiring an experienced security focused Hardware Engineer with the desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to support cyber security and space projects. You will be responsible for secure hardware design to ensure the resiliency and protection of key government systems.
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience with complex hardware systems will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our employees to exhibit exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills while being versatile and enthusiastic when working in a highly flexible team-oriented environment.
The responsibilities of the Computer Hardware Engineer include the following:
* Designs secure hardware architecture related to the development, operation, and maintenance of complex technology systems.
* Conducts and leads program protection analyses for hardware systems.
* Analyzes integration of hardware components and methodologies to ensure effectiveness of total system performance.
* Identifies Critical Program Information (CPI) and Critical Components (CC) while developing a Program Protection Plan (PPP) to ensure secure, and reliable operation of government systems.
* Implements Engineering best practices to ensure the development and delivery of secure and resilient capabilities.
* Documents security approaches for electrical and computer hardware in the Program Protection Plan
* Analyzes software and firmware operation related to the control of sensors, actuators, electro-mechanical components and computer systems.
* Analyzes communications, and input/output aspects of electrical, and computer hardware systems.
* Analyzes cryptographic hardware components and communications links.
* Analyzes printed circuit boards, analog circuits, digital circuits, integrated circuits, FPGA logic, etc.
* Provides support to the System Security Working Group.
* Presents plans and designs at Engineering Technical Reviews.
* Active Top Secret (TS) clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical field
* 8+ years of related experience in cyber, military, computer system, intelligence, and/or space systems is required.
* Must have experience implementing the secure engineer practices for complex government projects.
* Knowledge of systems analysis, strategic planning methodologies.
* Experience performing the responsibilities of the position listed above.
* Extensive experience supporting the space, cyber, and intelligence communities.
* Experience directly supporting Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC).
* Experience developing Program Protection Plans.
* Experience identifying Critical Program Information and Critical Components of weapon, maintenance, and training systems.
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.