Full Stack DevOps Engineer, Tech Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Are you someone who thrives in automating workflows and developing applications with a passion for critical, technical problem solving? Are you up for development work that is exciting in a way that develops professional growth, will always keep you engaged, and is personally exciting? If you are a confident, poised, self-motivated and creative professional with a passion for DevOps transformation and driving change, we are your next destination employer!
* We lead development, automation, maintenance and support for all solutions and automation needs and provide enterprise wide monitoring, performance and analytics solutions using a range of COTS as well as custom and open source tools on-prem and cloud environment.
* You would have a significant impact on driving and shaping the DevOps adoption for the team and also delivering automation solutions for the team for operational efficiency and reducing risk!
* This role will be able to balance their focus on transformation while optimizing our current tool and automation platforms. Automation would include, but not be limited to, using Kubernetes for orchestration, Elasticsearch/Kibana for logging, building self-service tools and devising monitoring solutions to ensure the availability of the platforms.
* Understand the engineering and operational workflows of the monitoring & analytics team and develop automation solutions based on that.
* Oversee entire automation and development framework for the team and maintain the CI/CD pipeline for the automation scripts on VMC and Cloud, primary contributor for Infrastructure as a code development and maintenance using could formation templates on AWS.
* Collaborate with Monitoring team, maintain production environment, operational readiness, controls alignment, and application risk management for owned applications and tools.
* Lead the technology roadmap of Automating solutions in cloud and on hybrid environments largely involving monitoring tools and log analytics platforms.
* Engineer automation and orchestration designs to help provide seemless and highly available solutions. Architect and deploy DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins.
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent subject area or equivalent experience
* 5+ years for experience working in a similar role delivering automation solutions using Java, Python or other languages.
* Solid experience on developing and building DevOps workflows for a Tools team.
* At least 2 years RESTful API s, Microservices and System to System API development experience.
* AWS, CI/CD, Jenkins, DevOps Process (GI, Jenkins, Terraform, Cloud Formation, AWS resources).
* Solid experience in emerging and cutting-edge technologies such as: Spark, Scala/Java/Python, Python, REST, JSON, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Jenkins/Maven, Ansible and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
* Good experience with monitoring on AWS cloud with CloudWatch, cloud trail, Kinesis/Kinesis Firehose and other AWS services such as EC2, S3, ELB, IAM, VPC.
* Understanding of container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes and ways to monitoring them on AWS using Prometheus, Grafana and other open source tools such as ELK.
* Solid experience of Linux with scripting knowledge.
KEYS TO SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE:
* Works under minimal supervision. Be a leader for the team and provide individual contribution.
* Not a just lead, but a lead with an attitude to think holistically to build a reliable, flexible, and well performing system.
* Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies.
* Good communication and great teammate. Strong written and oral communications skills.
* Sense of urgency and able to apply risk-based approach to prioritize work.
* Proactive in nature with delivering optimal solutions a primary goal.
* Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risk.
Provide top notch customer service in delivering technical solutions.
CURRENT FREDDIE MAC EMPLOYEES PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE INTERNAL CAREER SITE.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Information Technology