Lead Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 8/6/2020
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONParsons is a leader in the world of Engineering, Technical Services, Electronic Security Systems, and Cyber Security. We provide complex, solution-oriented services for the defense, intelligence, security, and space markets. Our purpose is to Deliver a Better World. We do this with digitally enabled defense, security, and infrastructure solutions. We have an immediate need for a LEAD SYSTEMS ENGINEER with the right multi-disciplinary experience to help us build our team and deliver timely results to our customers. Will you meet the challenge and help us?
Are you a Systems Engineer with ballistic missile defense experience seeking a leadership role? Parsons is hiring a LEAD SYSTEMS ENGINEER to perform a variety of engineering tasks related to the development, operation, and maintenance of complex missile technology systems. You will lead a team in analyzing integration of system processes and methodologies to ensure effectiveness of total system performance for Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
* Support analysis of missile defense system level capabilities, system analyses, integration and interfaces, system assessment, Combatant Command (CCMD) interface, models and simulation, and technology investment recommendations
* Provide integration support to existing ballistic missile defense (BMD) architectures and systems
* Lead a project team in the application of advanced principles, theories, and concepts
* Contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
* Coordinate across personnel directly supporting our client on multiple contracts
* Work with the peer or client Lead Systems Engineers to coordinate, plan, and schedule all stakeholder engineering support activities
* Work with Prime development contractors and subcontractors to provide system engineering support to the integration and test team during target system integration and test
* Work with Prime contractor to ensure cost and schedule supports both the program's and ballistic missile defense system needs/ requirements
* Provide management with internal status, update and issues as necessary
* 15+ years related experience in defense industry supporting systems engineering tasks
* BS degree Engineering required, Masters preferred from accredited institution
* Eligible for a Top Secret Clearance with compartmented and special access.
* A working knowledge or able to quickly understand the MDA s BMD systems with a technical background in the engineering discipline
* Demonstrated systems engineering experience applied to one or more systems including command and control, space systems, intelligence capabilities, radars, missiles, communications systems, or lasers
* Ability to work and produce products in a rapid paced, high stress environment
* Must be able to work independently as well as have strong interpersonal and team communication skills for liaising with leadership, peer lead systems engineer, and other senior team members
* Proficiency with MS Office applications
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Ready for action? We re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.