Agile Development, Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 8/31/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Love coding? Want to create technology that matters? Begin your technology career today by joining the Freddie Mac Information Technology team through our College Hire program. This 12-month cohort program designed for recent Computer Science/Computer Engineering grads will springboard you into a full-time career with an industry leader building the future of technology for the housing/finance industry.
YOUR WORK FALLS INTO TWO PRIMARY CATEGORIES:
* Participate as a member of a project team to develop innovative, high-quality software solutions in an Agile development environment
* Develop, modify, and design software based on requirements/design specifications
* Help define business and user needs and processes; identify solutions, work with project team/sponsors in identifying best solution
* Participate in requirements analysis; help design applications based on system requirements; promote top code quality and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability
* Build enhancements within existing applications to optimize efficiency
* Support implementation of software application changes with aggressive deployment timelines.
* Support Freddie Mac s core applications, including providing fixes to production defects and making enhancements
* Quickly evaluate defects, investigate causes and come up with solutions to address defects
* Provide production support and providing clear communication to on the resolution of incidents
* Professional Development
Participation in the program will support your continued professional development through access to targeted training courses and learning opportunities, as well as exposure to senior management. You will gain knowledge of technology for the financial industry all while enhancing your own competencies, by:
* Expanding your leadership, business and analytical skills
* Refining your personal brand and growing your internal network
* Obtaining support and guidance from dedicated managers, experienced analysts and knowledgeable mentors
* Deepening technological knowledge while learning about Freddie Mac s key role in the mortgage market
* Participating in organized community service events to complement your professional development with personal growth
* Being eligible to be sponsored to earn key technical certifications
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related, relevant experience and coursework
* Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
* Programming Languages: Java
* Query Language: SQL (RDBMS)
* Versioning Control: Git, Bitbucket
* Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ, VSCode
* Frameworks: Angular, JQuery, Spring, Spring Boot
* Other: Docker, OpenShift, MongoDB
* Methodologies: DevOps, Agile Development
* Knowledge of Agile software development project methodologies preferred
* Experience with popular business tools (Windows, Office Professional, Visio, SharePoint, etc.)
* Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Organized, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, manage multiple priorities
* Graduation no more than 18 months prior to July 2020 start date
KEYS TO SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE:
* Ability to work effectively and productively in a team or independently
* Technology-first attitude, outstanding analytical skills and drive for innovation
* Willingness to try new things, fail fast and learn fas
CURRENT FREDDIE MAC EMPLOYEES PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE INTERNAL CAREER SITE.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Information Technology