Team Leader - Equipment Depot (Distribution, Delivery, Dispatch)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 8/12/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition bridges across operations, delivery, technical, education and customer service functions. Manage all tasks associated with the movement of supplies and equipment throughout the UPMC Health System facilities, vendors, and other outside parties. Oversees the distribution of supplies and equipment. Ensures that all communications with department user groups are conducted in a professional and service oriented manner. Oversee dispatchers to coordinate the activities of approximately 45 to 50 drivers on a daily basis. Keeping the pick-up and drop-off delivery times on schedule and ensuring an excellent customer satisfaction rating. THE TEAM LEAD WILL WORK ROTATING SHIFTS THAT INCLUDE DAYS, NIGHTS, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS AND ON CALL ROTATIONS TO SUPPORT 24/7 OPERATIONS.
* Manage dispatch operations for the dispatch of medical specialty equipment, arrange transportation of specialty equipment between hospitals and track inventory closely. Dispatch of the shuttle bus system and collect required driver stats.Distribute work assignments in an equitable, accurate, and timely manner.Log both routine and unusual information on the Daily Dispatcher Report.Maintain a neat and clean work area.
* Ensure that all distribution equipment is properly maintained. Successfully complete all equipment/safety training yearly or as required. Assist in the evaluation, discipline, and development of the staff.
* Know and use proper body techniques. Develop and maintain communication and organizational skills essential for the efficient operation of the Materials Management department. Provide superior customer service by communicating clearly, professionally and timely during all interactions (internally and externally) with customers, hospital personnel, patients, and visitors.Ensures customer service levels are met by maintaining timely delivery (scheduled delivery time) at respective UPMC facilities and providing a quality product damage free in proper designated secure areas.
* Adhere to, know, and enforce all hospital and department policies and procedures pertinent to the Fleet Transportation Group.Fill in as a Medical Equipment Delivery Technician/Dispatcher as needed.Knowledgeable about all safety, fire, evacuation, and disaster policies and procedures.
* Utilize system technology for up to date record keeping of all work activities into computerized maintenance management system.Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Follow set UPMC and Equipment Depot Infection control protocols and standards while adhering to all OSHA, HIPAA and compliance/regulatory guidelines as applicable.
* Demonstrate knowledge of the department's inventory platform. Assign work to each shift employee and monitor completion of assigned duties. Maintain awareness of any change in department/hospital policies and procedures.
* Work well in a team environment with a shared vision and common goals.Travel between all UPMC facilities as required. Actively follow all UPMC system-wide and SCM departmental established policies and procedures.
* Direct use of ERP based system to adjust dollar value and quantities of inventory. Manage schedule of 15-30 hourly employees using Microsoft Office products. Continue to act as a distribution member in all aspects of the distribution function.
* Manage all medical equipment to ensure proper maintenance by performing quality control checks, preventative maintenance, cleaning/sterilization techniques, and delivery/pickup preparation when servicing facilities.Provide consultation to healthcare professionals (administration, nursing/medical staff, etc.) regarding implementation, application, operational and training on all standard and specialty medical equipment.Ensure returned product, equipment totes, and pallets are picked up and returned daily to the designated areas in warehouse.
* Deliver product to hospitals operating 26 box trucks Maintain DOT regulated licensing requirements. Operate heavy lift equipment at heights above 25 feet.
* High school diploma is required.
* At least one-year previous supervisory experience is required.
* ORa four year college degree from an accredited university.
* Two years of experience in dispatching buses, taxis or Less-Than-Load (LTL) freight.
* OR Bachelor's Degree in a relevant/related field of study is required.
* Must be able to effectively manage a varying shift of hourly employees ranging in ability.
* Must be able to communicate and follow oral and written instructions.
* Work history must have evidence of dependability.
* Job requires individual with no work limitations.
* ABILITY TO SAFELY OPERATE AND DRIVE A VEHICLE INCLUDING A 26\' BOX TRUCK.ABILITY TO OBTAIN DOT MEDICAL CLEARANCE CARD.
* Proficient computer skills as required to operate a Maintenance Management System and common office software including but not limited to MS Office, Excel, access and word.
* May in the course of their duties have access to medications through distributions of supplies and parental solutions in secured areas. No contact with medications is allowed.
* This position may involve lifting, moving, pushing and pulling items that can potentially be between 50 and 100 lbs
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND CLEARANCES:
DOT Medical Card Clearance. Valid CDL driver's license is preferred
* Driver's License
* Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
* Act 33 with renewal
* Act 34 with renewal
* Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
* DOT Medical Card Clearance with renewal
UPMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DISABILITY/VETERAN
SALARY RANGE: $15.97 to $25.15 / hour
UNION POSITION: No