Cardiac Interventional Technologist II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 8/26/2020
MedStar Health Central Recruiting
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
* Job Summary
* Performs angiographic, therapeutic, and interventional procedures. Responsible for patient management priorto, during, and after the procedure.
* Minimum Qualifications
* Satisfactory completion of an AMA-approved school of Radiologic Technology of at least 2years duration.
* 2 years experience in diagnostic radiology; 1 year experience in interventionalradiology/cardiac catheterization or equivalent preferred.
* ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technology) certification or registration.Radiology Technologist license in the State of Maryland. CPR certification.
* Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Basic computer skills. Verbal and written communication skills.
* Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Additional Cardiac duties: Administers contrast media into the coronary arteries as directed by a Cardiologist during a cardiac catheterization procedure. Recognizes the effect of pathology and vital signs to determine the amount of pressure of each hand injection.
* Applies knowledge of the normal physiologic and electrocardiographic sequences of cardiac contraction and recognizes both minor and dangerous arrhythmia. Provides appropriate patient care as required.
* Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
* Functions as a first assistant to the physician by aiding in the manipulation and placement of guide wires and catheters. Administers contrast media in accordance with physician instruction.
* Maintains adequate basic interventional and cardiac supplies. Orders supplies from outside vendors in hospital purchasing system. Assists supervisor with all aspects of inventory control.
* Maintains all appropriate patient records and department check sheets. Correctly enters patient and supply information into the RIS and/or hospital computer system.
* Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts as required. Instructs radiology students and acts as preceptor for new associates and agency personnel.
* Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
* Performs angiographic, therapeutic, and interventional imaging procedures. Performs electrophysiology and ablation procedures. Provides quality patient care and monitoring during all phases of the procedure in accordance with physician instructions and established policy. Has knowledge of all equipment, inventory, and location of supplies. Operates emergency equipment safely.
* Performs hemodynamic physiologic patient monitoring, recording calculations of cardiovascular procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Responds to on-call emergencies in accordance with department policy.
* Responsible for post-procedural duties including observation and management of catheter and/or device insertion site and patient discharge instructions. Provides patient transportation and communicates patient care status to receiving care unit.
* Responsible for pre-procedural duties such as sterile tray preparation, procedural patient education, and confirmation of required lab work and patient medical history, including indications for the study and all previous related exams.
* Safely operates all imaging equipment (for example, digital equipment, pressure injectors, processors, rapid film changer, and cine) to produce high-quality diagnostic images in accordance with departmental policy.
* Schedules and maintains orderly patient flow.
* Supports other imaging modalities and services as required. Performs daily and weekly infection control measures and stocking of supplies.
ABOUT MEDSTAR HEALTH
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.