Respiratory Care Practitioner - Pediatric PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our RESPIRATORY THERAPY department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
The Respiratory Care Practitioner assesses, treats, and cares for patients with pulmonary disorders. The Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for the clinical administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory care modalities offered by the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Operates and sets up devices such as: mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable respiratory care products.
2. Provides emergency care, including: artificial ventilation, external cardiac massage, and assists staff with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
3. Collects and analyzes arterial blood gases and is able to recognize normal, abnormal, and critical values. If critical values are recognized, the Respiratory Care Practitioner is able to provide appropriate corrective intervention.
4. Follows physician orders for treatment and evaluates requirements for treatment, such as: treatment type, mode and duration of therapy, universal precautions, and medication dosage.
5. Monitors patients response to therapy by evaluation of vital signs, arterial blood gases, auscultation of breath sounds, pulse oximetry and end-tidal CO2 measurement.
6. Consults with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals for changes in patient s status. The Respiratory Care Practitioner works as part of a team to manage the patients plan of care.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy Program (Required)
* Respiratory Care Practitioner license with the Texas Medical Board. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
* Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications required within 90 days of employment.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) must be obtained within 90 days of employment if required by the department.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.