This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 8/29/2020
MedStar Harbor Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
* Under direction of Site Manager, provides day-to-day operational support to the department which includes administrative and medical assistant support. Relieves supervisor of routine matters.
* High school graduation or equivalent.
* 2 years secretarial experience; 1 year patient care experience in a medical practice preferred.
* CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) through American Association of Medical Assistants, or RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) through American Medical Technologists, or certification/registration from a nationally recognized agency. CPR certification.
* Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Procurement, patient care, and clinical abilities. Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software applications. Verbal and written communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Assists medical provider with patient examinations or evaluations.
* Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
* Follows Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA guidelines/regulations.
* Greets patients in a friendly, courteous manner. Answers telephone inquiries and forwards messages according to a designated protocol.
* Maintains organization and efficiency in running of the medical office including all functions related to scheduling, documentation, billing, and filing. Processes patient chart as it relates to visit, maintains chart in organized status according to policy.
* May prepare laboratory materials, if necessary.
* Opens, review and distributes interoffice/external mail. Brings priority items to supervisor's/manager's attention.
* Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams. Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Performs and documents TPR and BP, height and weight on patients. Assists patients with dressing or undressing, completing paperwork, providing directions or other services needed by the patient. Assists in providing instructions to patients for procedures or examinations.
* Prepares examination rooms for patient and provider use. Maintains stock of required supplies, maintains equipment/environment in good repair and order, routinely cleans and stocks areas, carts, rooms, etc.
* Schedules appointments, maintains appointment calendar for patients and providers. Assists with scheduling appointments for testing or evaluation at other offices, when needed.
ABOUT MEDSTAR HEALTH
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.