Operations Manager Surgical Specialities
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 8/14/2020
Trinity Health Of New England
JOB DESCRIPTIONUnder the direction of the MGPS Executive Director, the Manager, Operations Physician Practices is responsible for effectively managing the medical groups operations. Specifically responsible for oversight and management of assigned clinical office practice sites and for overall success in meeting quality, productivity and financial goals. Ensures optimal work environment for physicians, advanced practice professionals and staff. Ensures that appropriate facilities, equipment, and other required resources are available to support patient care services in the most cost-effective manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor s Degree required. Master s degree in business, management or health related field preferred.
* At least 10 years successful management experience in healthcare, physician practice preferred.
* Significant knowledge of administrative and operational issues related to physician groups, hospitals and health systems.
* Strong leadership and human resource, management, financial and problem solving skills.
* Thorough knowledge of regulations, policies, and procedures in the healthcare industry.
* Thorough knowledge of practice operations.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Directs and coordinates the operations of assigned practices including the administrative oversight and supervision of all clinical and administrative staff.
* Evaluates assigned practices on a regular basis to ensure adherence to operational policies and procedures as well as compliance, quality and regulatory requirements.
* Acts as a liaison between providers and the practice staff to ensure smooth operations focused on the patient.
* Provides trending data and analysis to physician leadership to keep them informed of the provider s productivity and schedule density.
* Develops operating and capital budgets that support market goals and strategies. Manages budgets proactively with the inclusion of the Practice Managers, Supervisors and Coordinators.
* Oversees portfolio of leased office space and timeline for renewals with TH Of NE Real Estate and makes changes as needed to efficiently manage resources.
* Works collaboratively with TH Of NE Real Estate on the expansion and renovation projects for office locations.
* Evaluates staffing models and operations for potential new practices and acquisitions.
* Interviews, hires, orients, coaches and develops direct reports through mentoring, open and ongoing communications. Effectively delegates to ensure successful outcomes.
* Interfaces with all departments within the organization regarding cross-functional operational issues. Implements changes and keeps staff informed with clear and concise communications.
* Adheres to all HIPAA privacy and security policies and practices. Reports violations and incidents they observe and cooperates in investigations as requested by leadership.
* Manages special projects and other related duties as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements and Working Conditions:
* Must be able to set and organize own work priorities, and adapt to them as they change frequently.
* Must be able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles.
* Must possess the ability to comply with Trinity Health policies and procedures.