Medical Assistant Quality Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 9/1/2020
MedStar Medical Group LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
* Assists in managing quality, safety, clinical and operational projects for MMG ambulatory sites and provides assistance to the Director of Quality, Safety and Education.. Provides a wide range of services to multiple offices with diversity of patient populations and patient care including, but not limited to, gathering needed information, collecting data outcomes, training associates, and assisting in implementation of quality and operational projects. Clinical responsibilities include direct care associate training, competency assessment, and assessment of clinical programs and initiatives. Participates in new program and education planning.
* High school graduation or equivalent. Graduation from a recognized medical assistant program. Associates degree preferred.
* 3 years CMA/RMA experience or 1 year CMA/RMA supervisory role experience. 2 years working in a medical office or ambulatory health environment.
* Certified or Registered medical assistant. CPR certification.
* Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Excellent organizational skills. Working knowledge of various computer software applications. Clinical competency. Strong communication skills and ability to work with associates and providers at every level of the organization. Training, precepting or teaching experience preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
* As directed, coordinates ambulatory, entity and systemwide programs. Assesses sites and provides updates and departmental training with regards to regulatory standards and goals.
* Assists and trains MA to create an efficient practice and in assuring policies and procedures are followed.
* Assists in the development and adherence of departmental goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
* Attends all scheduled meetings including, but not limited to, regular staff meetings, training classes for safety, infection control, OSHA, CPR, and others as needed.
* Assists in coordination of RN and s MA extern program and acts as a mentor to new externs and newly hired MAs.
* Meets with physicians, practice managers, senior team, and physician leaders as needed to address and, if necessary, resolves issues related to patient care and delivery of services.
* Mentors staff by aligning with the mission and values of the organization. Fosters staff development. Mentors and coaches individuals based on individual strengths and developmental needs. Serves as a positive role model.
* Participates in development and teaching of ambulatory and hospital-wide educational programs and initiatives.
* Participates in external reviews by the State, The Joint Commission, and other accrediting groups.
* Provides training and assessment of lab waived testing competency, certification and documentation.
* Serves as a resource and connects the department to sterilization and infection prevention experts and initiatives.
* Supports current evidence based practice through training, competency, assessment and reviewing the literature. Conducts safety, infection control and regulatory surveys (site audits), reports any unsafe or potentially unsafe conditions to the office manager and director.
* Supports development, implementation and evaluation of clinical protocols and quality best practices across all settings.
* Supports planning and implementation of quality, service and operational programs. Evaluates performance and conducts performance management planning. Oversees relevant performance improvement initiatives.
* Participates in and leads multidisciplinary quality, service and operational teams as assigned. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate. Serves on on-going and ad-hoc committees as appropriate.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
ABOUT MEDSTAR HEALTH
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.