Commercial Escrow Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 8/26/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY SUMMARY
Join our team! First American's National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
Responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and processing escrow documents in accordance with established policies and
procedures. Acts as a neutral third-party between buyers and sellers during a real estate sale, managing funds and processing real estate
transactions. Provide support to Commercial Underwriting/Closing department by assisting with customer service and administrative duties related to escrow closings.
* Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
* Interprets earnest money, escrow and purchase agreements as they relate to closing and prepare all documents required for transactions (ex. W-9, 1099, wire instructions)
* Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records.
* Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
* Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
* Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
* Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title.
* Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
* Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Good client relations and organizational skills
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
* Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information
* High School diploma or equivalent
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 2-4 years related experience with 2+ years experience directly handling escrow transactions
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.