Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) -Rheumatology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/3/2020
END DATE 8/24/2020
WellStar Health System
At WellStar, we all share common goals. That s what makes us so successful and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Medical Assistant functions under the direction of the Physician, Clinical Lead, Clinical NurseSupervisor, Nurse Supervisor and/or Office Manager. Recognizes patient's needs and symptoms inadvance. Provides care for the patient under the physician's direction. Includes preparing patient for exams, assisting during treatments, coordinating tests and follow-up care and recording treatment in themedical record. Assists with explaining patient instructions to the patient/family. Demonstrates competency and skills to serve patients of all ages including neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatricpopulations. Performs other duties as necessary.
Rheumatology- Vinings Health Park 4441 Atlanta Rd Se
Smyrna, Georgia 30080
Required Minimum Education
* High School diploma and/or equivalent required.
* Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program
* Graduate from a newly formed medical assistant program in which the program has the intent to seek CAAHEP or ABHES accreditation
Required Minimum Certification
* Must have successfully passed a Medical Assistant credentialing body examination (AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT) with current and maintained Medical Assistant Credential
* Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association, prior to hire date.
Required Minimum Experience
* Work experience in a practice setting preferred. Specific experience in practice specialty may be required.
* Must be organized and attentive to detail.
* Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient comfort and satisfaction.
* Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills.
* The employee should also be able to adhere to the WellStar Credo and Code of Conduct.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!