Helpdesk/Desktop Support Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 9/10/2020
Quantum Research International Inc
JOB DESCRIPTION* Huntsville, AL, USA
* Full Time
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) is a certified DoD Contractor providing services and products to US/Allied governments and industry in the following main areas: (1) Cyber Security/Intelligence Programs Support; (2) Command, Control, Communication, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR); (3) Space Operations and Control; (4); Warfighter Support and Logistics; (5) Weapon System Analysis; (6) Acquisition Support; (7); Test and Evaluation; and (8) Audio/Visual Technology Applications. Quantum's Corporate Office is located in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Arlington VA; Hampton Roads, VA; Bel Air MD; Colorado Springs, CO; and Shalimar, FL.
Quantum is seeking a Helpdesk/Desktop Support Technician to support their Cyber Assessment Team in Huntsville, AL.
Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.Primary responsibilities:
* Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
* Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
* Train computer users.
* Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
* Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
* Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
* Walk customer through problem-solving process.
* Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
* Clean up computers.
* Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
* Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
* Install computer peripherals for users.
* Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
* Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
* Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
2 plus years of experience with Desktop support
Associates Degree desired in IT related field, but years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
Experience in the following areas are a plus:
Active Directory /DHCP/DNS
File and printer server configurations
Enterprise antimalware/antivirus solutions
Applicable Certifications include any of the following:
A+, Security+, Net+, MCSA/MCSE
Selected applicants will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.