Billing Representative - La Crosse, WI and US Telecommute
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 8/6/2020
La Crosse, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONEnergize your career with one of Healthcare s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world s leading Healthcare companies, UNITEDHEALTH GROUP is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: OPTUM a growing part of our family of companies that make UNITEDHEALTH GROUP a Fortune 6 leader.
OPTUM helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
BILLING REPRESENTATIVE will perform data entry, calculation, review, audit and compilation of contract charge items utilizing the service database and the corporate accounting systems to ensure accurate and timely preparation of customer invoices based on contract requirements. Submission of invoices to customer utilizing the required method of delivery. Responsible for individualized time management in order to meet all contract and corporate deadlines.
* Calculate and compile data and documentation to substantiate the validity of charges based on the individual contracts and / or government regulations
* Invoice processing for assigned customer / contracts utilizing the services database and corporate account systems
* Verification of corporate and customer electronic interface values
* Participate in the development of ad hoc reporting and processes for specialized projects as requested by internal and external customers
* Developmental Cross - Training
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
* 2+ years billing, accounts receivable and / or accounts payable experience
* Intermediate to advance knowledge in Microsoft Excel with the ability to create, copy, edit, sort, create pivot tables, create vlookups, etc
* High School Diploma / GED (or higher) with 5+ years experience in finance / business / accounting OR Associate s Degree (or higher) in Finance / Business / Accounting
* General Accounting Experience
* Database experience with the ability to import / export data
* National Career Readiness Certificate
* Knowledge of invoicing and claims processing in a medical setting
* Experience in PeopleSoft Financials
* Knowledge of Billing procedures / practices
* Ability to work in a deadline driver detail oriented environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational and time management skills with the proven ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy
* Ability to adapt to changing business requirements
* Detail oriented
* Ability to understand the interaction between contracted and performed services
CAREERS WITH LHI. Our focus is simple. We re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do YOUR LIFE S BEST WORK.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Healthcare, Biling, Accounting, Accounts Receiveable, LHI, Accounts Payable, Onalaska, La Crosse