Personal Supports- BD
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONPersonal Supports Counselor
Compass is looking for a dependable, engaging caregiver needed for an individual that likes to go out in the community for outing. Applicant should be available part time during the week and weekend. Individual requires support with mobility, and personal care. The applicant should possess at least 1yr experience working as a caregiver in a home setting (CNA/GNA training is a plus). Applicant must comfortably operate a hoyer lift and wheelchair, and must be able to assist with transfers. Applicant should be comfortable going out into the community to engage in meaningful activities, such as movies, eating out and community functions. Applicant should be comfortable with meal preparation, household chores, and self-care activities. Clean driving record is required. * Shifts: Monday and Wednesday 7a-1p and Saturday-Sunday 4p-11p
* Location:Laurel, MD
* Pay Rate: $12.25 an hour
The ideal candidate will possess: * Proven track record of success in innovative provision of supports to individuals with disabilities.
* Ability to assist a person with an intellectual disability to actively engage in meaningful activities and make connections in the community.
* Demonstrated ability in supporting individuals with behavioral and emotional challenges.
* Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
* Excellent customer service skills and ability to work effectively with family members/guardians as well as state and local governing authorities.
* A keen interest in improving the quality of life for the individuals supported by Compass, Inc.
Qualifications: Prior experience in providing hands on support to individuals with disabilities. Driver s license and clean driving record required. Associate s Degree in a related field or completion of college coursework preferred. CPR/First Aid and Medication Technician Certification preferred or must obtain certification during first 30 days of employment. Paid training is available.
Qualified applicants who are interested in being considered for this position should submit a resume and letter of interest to email listed.
Compass, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR