Sr. Principal IT Security Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Fresenius Medical Care
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates. Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards. Enhance security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : * UTILIZES BROAD EXPERTISE AND KNOWLEDGE TO :
* Implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies
* Direct equipment and software installation and calibration
* Prepare preventive and reactive measures
* Provide technical support and completes documentation.
* Verify security systems by developing and implementing tests
* Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures
* Conduct incident response analyses
* Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment
* Identify security gaps; evaluate and implement enhancements.
* Prepares system security reports by collating, and summarizing data and trends.
* PROJECT & DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT :
* Lead project meetings acting as a resource regarding technical tasks on projects.
* Responsibilities include project planning on technical tasks, the development and testing of system components, documentation preparation and review, system implementation activities, participation in project and team meetings, and product implementations within Middleware technologies.
* PRODUCTION SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE :
* Provide support for Infrastructure teams for debugging and troubleshooting.
* Work closely with the rest of the team and the Network Engineering teams to troubleshoot and optimize the environment.
* Communicates with development teams when changes occur.
* Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
* Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
4 year college degree required. A degree in Computer Science or MIS a plus.
Graduate level MIS or Computer Science course work a plus
Certification in a Security role (e.g. CISSP) is highly desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS: * Minimum 12 years of technical experience, of which at least 8 years should be in a Network Security role.
* Expert working level with Firewalls, IPS, SIEM, and VPN technologies
* Network Design Expertise.
* Expert level with Palo Alto environment required.
* Experience with Virtual environments is a plus.
* Knowledge of Endpoint Security and NAC is desirable.
* Expert knowledge of Threat Vectors and experience with mitigation designs
* Requires very strong troubleshooting skills
* Requires very strong knowledge of TCP/IP, Load Balancing etc.
* Working experience in large scale Enterprise Security environment.
* Must have good verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to effectively interface with internal IT and User personnel.
* Requires excellent documentation skills to meet compliance requirements.
* Must be expert level in security, networking, troubleshooting, clustering, and fluent in the ever changing threat landscape. Interact with users to recommend purchases of hardware/software and coordinates installation with vendors and/or technicians.