Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, Netskope Private Access
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT NETSKOPE
Today, there s more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, San Francisco, Seattle, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers and follow us on Twitter @Netskope and Facebook.
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST, NETSKOPE PRIVATE ACCESS
At Netskope, our world class QE organization is built with engineers who love to write code to test, have aptitude to find ways to break things, know how a cloud services should work and can build automation for day to day tasks that machines can run. Our SDETs have built Python scripted automation tools to do functional, regression, security, performance and load/scale testing of our services and clients. Your contribution will test software that large Fortune 500 enterprises will use and rely upon everyday.
In this role you will be a key member of the Netskope Private Access QE team and play an integral role in the continued development of our new Zero-Trust Secure Access product, a cloud-native service for secure access to private enterprise applications in both the public cloud and the data center, that reduces risk by providing zero trust application access instead of network access. Click here for more about Netskope Private Access.
RESPONSIBILITIES * Develop expertise in our cloud security solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
* Contribute to building a flexible and scalable automation solution
* Work closely with the development and design team to help create an amazing user experience
* Help create and implement quality processes and requirements
* Work closely with the team to replicate customer environments
* Identify and communicate risks about our releases. Look beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensure our solutions deliver value to our customers
* Be able to own and make quality decisions for the solution.
* Own the release and be a customer advocate.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS * 5+ years of experience developing tests and automation for enterprise network and security technologies (firewalls, VPN, proxies, L4-7, web gateways, PKI/TLS etc.)
* Good knowledge of the TCP/HTTP protocol suite, bonus points for experience with socket programming
* Good knowledge of Linux systems and experience with at least one common endpoint platform (OS/X, Windows, iOS, Android)
* Good understanding of multi-threading, algorithms and data structures
* Strong Python programming skills, bonus points for exposure to Golang
* Experience testing distributed systems
* Experience building automation frameworks
* A proponent of Strong Quality Engineering methodology.
* A track record of success and consistent growth showing that you are highly motivated and capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree required, MS strongly preferred