Assoc Dir, Facilities
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 8/7/2020
University of South Florida
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY: This position will oversee the management of facilities operations for all campus physical facilities ? including custodial, maintenance, grounds keeping, utilities and energy management. Responsibilities include developing and administering policies, procedures, programs and budgets to ensure that department performance goals, operations and expenses are achieved or exceeded. This position manages multiple minor construction projects up to $2,000,000.00 in value per project as assigned by the Director.
1. Manage the facilities operations staff and outsourced vendor personnel for all campus physical facilities. Formulate and recommend policies and procedures to effectively manage the campus facilities in an organized, efficient and cost effective manner. Interpret administrative regulations and policies and recommend implementation strategies for compliance. Initiate approved actions promptly.
2. Manage multiple minor construction projects up to $2,000,000.00 in value per project as assigned by the Director. Manage selection processes for professional construction consultants (architects, engineers, construction managers, and other related consultants as needed). Responsible to serve as a liaison with University client or representative to develop construction project scope, schedule and budget for each project, and to facilitate communications and interactions between the University client and the professional consultants. Oversee design process, manage project budget and schedule, negotiate construction costs to achieve best value for the University, develop design and construction contracts based on established processes, and manage consultants during construction phase, review and approve payments.
3. Hire, train, supervise and motivate assigned supervisors and staff. Conduct regular meetings with supervisors and staff to communicate departmental policies and programs. Communicate effectively with staff at all levels to ensure department goals are understood, and work is conducted in accordance with established standards and procedures. Administer multiple outsourced vendor agreements for facilities services.
4. Represent the department on USF System and USF Sarasota-Manatee committees and work efforts as assigned by the Director of Facilities Planning and Management or his designated representative. Coordinate other special projects or activities as may be required or assigned by the President of the University of South Florida, Regional Chancellor of USF Sarasota-Manatee, USFSM Director of Facilities Planning and Management, or their designated representatives.
1. Provide recommendations for the development, management and reporting of the facilities operations budget with emphasis on achievement of best price and value.
2. Participate in developing and managing State and University capital funding processes and programs, including development of the Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), PECO, CITF and other sources.
1. The position requires Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and five (5) years of relevant experience;
2. Strong presentation and communications skills (written, interpersonal and public speaking) are necessary for success in this position.
1. Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization
2. State of Florida licensed professional Architect or Engineer;
3. LEED BD+C or LEED O+M certification;
4. Certified Facility Manager (CFM) or Facility Management Professional (FMP) certification;
5. Working knowledge and experience with public sector construction projects
1. Microsoft Office, particularly in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
This position is subject to a Level #1 criminal background check.
JOB OPENING NUMBER: 25568
POSTING DATE: 07/24/2020
POSTING END DATE: 08/24/2020