Contracts Program Administrator II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Boston Senior Home Care
JOB DESCRIPTIONBUSINESS UNIT: Administration
DEPARTMENT: Program Contracts Dept. 359
REPORTS TO: Chief Compliance, Quality Assurance & Development Officer
CLASSIFICATION: Regular Full Time (35 hours)
SALARY RANGE : $43,500 - $55,500 (commensurate with experience)
Boston Senior Home Care (BSHC) is a non-profit organization and Aging Services Access Point (ASAP) that provides care management services and programs to low-income, isolated elders and disabled individuals in inner-city Boston. BSHC contracts with a network of vendors to provide services to its consumers to help them remain safely in their homes for as long as possible. We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented individual to oversee and manage our contracted vendor service network.
The Contracts/Compliance Program Administrator is the key point of contact within the organization on all vendor related issues, and has overall responsibility for managing the performance of BSHC contracted vendors and ensuring compliance with standards established by oversight agencies and related State and Federal requirements. The Contracts/Compliance Program Administrator works closely with contract staff from the other Boston ASAPs on many of the activities noted below, as the three organizations have formed a consortium to collaborate on both the procurement and monitoring of shared contacted vendor services.
Under the direction of the Chief Compliance, Quality Assurance and Development Officer, the Contracts/Compliance Program Administrator is also responsible for certain compliance functions related to BSHC's Corporate Compliance Program including employee training on corporate compliance, oversight of consumer critical incident tracking, and reporting and annual incident analysis.
Essential Job functions: Duties _______ through _______are designated as ADA Essential Functions and must be performed in this job. All other job duties are secondary functions. * In conjunction with our sister ASAPs, conducts vendor procurements in conformance with EOEA regulations and coordinate assessment of vendor proposals and vendor selection including: crafting a Request for Proposals (RFP); preparing and posting legal notices announcing the solicitation, conducting Bidder's Conferences , reviewing and scoring proposals, and selecting vendors
* Monitors the services provided by vendors and enforces all contracting/ performance standards as outlined in the ASAP Request for Response (RFR) issued by EOEA. For vendors shared by the three Boston ASAPs, helps coordinate the joint vendor monitoring process and serves as a member of the joint monitoring team
* Oversees vendor relations and serves as BSHC's primary liaison to the contracted vendor community, trouble shoots vendor related issues in a methodical, balanced, and diplomatic manner in order to effectively resolve problems
* Undertakes corrective action with vendors whose performance is out of compliance.
* Ensures that services are delivered as authorized, and conducts follow up when discrepancies are noted
* Facilitates communication with vendors through both formal (e.g., vendor fairs, in-service trainings), and informal methods (e.g., one on one meetings between ASAP staff and vendor staff,)
* Measures consumer and ASAP staff satisfaction and service quality for each vendor on an annual basis, and recommends improvement in service delivery, as needed
* Logs, tracks and responds to vendor complaints and compliments from consumers, families, caregivers, ASAP staff, and community organizations
* Manages the Vendor Reporting Tool and works closely with IT Department to ensure system is operating efficiently
* Works with BSHC Fiscal staff to facilitate vendor rate increases
* Prepares and executes homemaker and non-homemaker contracts and contract amendments for client purchased services
* Applies changes in legislation and/or agency policy to existing and future agreements
* Assesses agency administrative and purchased service vendor needs and locate/develop new vendors
* Provides leadership and training to Direct Services staff about the details of contracts as needed
* Coordinates and/or conducts in service trainings for staff and vendors in an effort to support and improve the quality of care provided to BSHC consumers
* Conducts training on the purchased service system to all staff upon hire
* Ensures proper documentation trail is maintained for internal/external audits
* Conducts corporate compliance training for all staff upon hire and annually thereafter.
* Oversees consumer critical incident tracking and reporting procedure and provides guidance to staff regarding the tracking and reporting of critical incidents in accordance with agency policy. Conducts annual analysis of critical incidents in accordance with CARF accreditation standards.
COMPETENCIES * This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to deliver effective presentations at all levels of the organization
* The incumbent must have good interpersonal skills
* Ideal candidate will have experience in contract management and administration, and excellent negotiation skills
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
* Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint is essential.
* Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
* Be a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly
* A working knowledge of the State's procurement and contracting policies and procedures is preferred, as these requirements also apply to BSHC's contracted providers
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, copiers, filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. * The employee must be able to carry 10 to 15 lbs.
* The employee is regularly required to talk and hear
* The employee is frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM 5:00 PM.
This position requires up to 20% travel.
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE * A bachelor's degree (ideally in Business Management) is preferred but demonstrated equivalent experience in the field may be substituted.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
None required for this position.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE * Must clear CORI background check
* Must be able to work in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled Boston Senior Home Care affirms and supports diversity and inclusion in our workforce and recognizes all EEOC Factors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Boston Senior Home Care