Food Safety Sanitor - 3rd Shift Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
The position performs sanitation labor by performing the eight steps of sanitation while understanding and complying with all food safety and safety policies and procedures. The food safety sanitor must understand how to work with necessary chemicals, work at a pace that delivers a clean plant to the customer on time and abide by company policies, including satisfactory attendance.
TO BE QUALIFIED TO PERFORM A FOOD SAFETY SANITOR JOB, AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM EACH ESSENTIAL DUTY SATISFACTORILY, WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: * Work cooperatively with leads and PSSI management to ensure sanitation procedures are followed.
* Frequently lift hoses, equipment and chemical containers, etc.
* Wear employer-specified PPE (gloves, face shield, eye goggles, aprons, boots, safety glasses, etc.).
* Exposure to chemicals (with PPE required for the task).
* All night standing, lifting, crouching for periods at a time.
* Perform all tasks safely.
* Use Lock-out/Tag-out.
* Other duties as assigned.
JOB PERFORMANCE MEASURES
SANITORS ARE CONSIDERED TO BE QUALIFIED (FULLY TRAINED) WHEN THEY ACHIEVE SATISFACTORILY THE FOLLOWING FIVE CATEGORIES: * Eight steps of sanitation - Capable of following all the steps with detailed supervision.
* Safety - Understanding and compliance of all safety policies covered during training.
* Chemical s- Understanding of chemical types, labeling, PPE and warnings regarding to mixing chemicals.
* Pace - Work at an acceptable speed to deliver the plant on time.
* Attendance - Dependability in both: arriving and completing the work shift and compliance with attendance policy.
Accountable for his/her own actions, ability to take direction and instruction from managers, prompt and timely, safety awareness, attention to detail, ability to focus on tasks at hand, adaptability, communication with peers, strong work ethic, ability to wear personal protective equipment, ability to work in environments with extreme temperature fluctuations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires food safety and safety awareness, attention to detail, adaptability and a strong work ethic.
This position would involve you to be in a wet, hot, and or cold environment. Shift may vary depending on location
DISCLAIMER : This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.