Store Team Member (Cashier/Stocker/Animal Care)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Pet Supplies Plus
Did you know bearded dragons grow up to 2 feet long? Or that the average life span for an umbrella cockatoo is 50 years? Our team members are pet lovers and like to know it all!
As a STORE TEAM MEMBER at Pet Supplies Plus, you're pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity during your work day, you will * stop to help a neighbor select the perfect toy for a terrier that likes to chew
* review and compare the ingredient labels of several food brands for a concerned cat parent
* fit a squirming dachshund with the perfect harness
* educate a sixth grader on bird ownership
* stock shelves and ring up neighbors' purchases
* feed all the furry pets and make sure their cages are spiffy
all while engaging with PSP neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy breath. Are you awesome? No, you are more than that. You're PAWsome!
A Pet Supplies Plus team member will likely do it all, but may specialize in any of the following areas:
CASHIER * Processes neighbors' purchases with trustworthy accuracy and efficiency
* Provides Preferred Pet Club membership information to ensure neighbors don't miss any outstanding offers
STOCKER * Safely unloads our delivery trucks using the proper equipment
* Stocks shelves to ensure Fido always gets his favorite chew toy and treats
* Carries bags of kibble, cat litter, aquariums and other purchases out to neighbors' cars
PET CARE * Provides care for pets in our store, which may include cleaning habitats, feeding and handling the animals
* Answers neighbor's questions on animal care to help them find or maintain the perfect pet
The Store Team member position can be physically demanding, requiring heavy lifting (40-65 lbs) and standing for long periods of time. We support learning through our interactive Pet Degree pay-for-knowledge programs. PAWsome Store Team Members will: * Support each other by acting as back-up when extra help is needed
* Be knowledgeable about animals and our products in order to provide outstanding neighborly service
* Be flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays
* All candidates must pass a drug screening (in applicable states), and be 16 years or older.